The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Bril Red Ink

bril red ink

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 arunpk

arunpk

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2016 - 19:37

I bought the Bril red ink about a year back as NOS. It looked too pale for red color, so I thought it must have faded over time. I tried to look for reviews to compare my ink, but couldn't find any. Got a whole bunch of Bril inks recently. I had inked up my pen with the red ink and was penning some random thoughts, it just went in the direction of a review. So, here it is. 

I don't like this shade of ink, and something I use once in a while, just for variety. It is said to stain pens if left for a long time, but I am yet to see that happen. It's fairly wet, but not water-resistant at all. 

I have not done such long writing by hand in a while, hopefully will be doing more writing this year and more reviews too :)

Not calibrated my scanner, the color looks a little darker in my monitor.

Bril Red-2.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,054 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:21

Thank you for sharing your observations, and welcome to FPN.  We don't have many reviews of the Bril inks. I've heard from others that they are not supersatured so your experience may be typical. Again, thank you!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Participate in the newest Inky TODs: 

Why do I like those nibs? 

What do I like about my handwriting? 

Whose handwriting do I like?  

Which Script Will I learn? 

Which Inks for my Handwriting

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

#3 etaylor33

etaylor33

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2016 - 22:10

Don't care to much for the gamet of red inks, but I had a Noodlers Rattler Red Eel in my pack of samples. So, I put it in my Pilot Elite 95s for its latest fill. Can't say as I like it very much. It is very light, though indesputably a red. It's the reddist ink I've seen yet but it doesn't pop out at you. It's very muted, even on white paper. I can definately say, that even if I was into red inks, this one wouldn't do it for me. If I was going for anything in the reddish range, I would pick the Diamine Syrah. It's red enough without it being Jump OUT AT You red.My Elite puts down a good line of ink, so it's not that it writes dry. Just my thoughts on this ink.

Edited by etaylor33, 17 January 2016 - 22:11.

#4 Pens_n_Inks

Pens_n_Inks

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Bronze

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2016 - 17:23

Thanks for sharing!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bril, red ink

Sponsored Content

|