The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Ink Review : Diamine Terracotta (150Th Anniversary Ink)

diamine terracotta brown

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,937 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:06

Sorry to drift away from the topic.....

Not sure if I understand what you mean correctly, but, is it something like this? (Diamine China Blue with Brause No.361 dip pen)

jiaxin01_zpszjaizzq6.jpg

Yes!  That's exactly what I'm talking about.  (For everyone else, you can especially see it in the capital T in "Talks" in the upper righthand corner, and in the word "Some" at the bottom left corner of the image; it's more than just shading, because it really is mostly along the edges.

Anyone else out there experience this with inks?  Anyone know how to describe it better?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Sponsored Content

#22 namrehsnoom

namrehsnoom

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2016 - 18:24

Reviews like this are a lot of work. Thank you for your review and sharing it with us on FPN!

Thanks! But it's also loads of fun. I've been enjoying this site passively for some time now, and thought the time had come to contribute something back myself.

#23 bone215

bone215

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:26

I would call it outlining but I don't know how to reproduce that effect.

Be Happy, work at it. Namaste

#24 Miz Black Crow

Miz Black Crow

Inksperimentrix

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2016 - 08:21

Isnt that the idea behind the Black Swan inks? I almost never see it truly show up, though.

Great review of a deliciously dusty, pretty ink!! If it had some water resistance I'd be all over it...

Pens: TWSBI Diamond 580-AL (M), TWSBI Eco (M)

Lamy Safari { Vista (M); Charcoal (M); Charcoal (1.1mm SI)},

Noodler's Ahab (Cardinal Darkness, Blue Poseidon Pearl, Clear Demo, King Philip Purple Demo)

Retro 51 Tornado EXT in Lincoln (copper) (M)

Inks: Noodler's: 54th Massachusetts, Apache Sunset, Red Black, BSiARIcelandic Minty Bathwater, Lexington Grey, Liberty's Elysium, Old Manhattan Blackest Black

"an' it harm none, | Primum Non Nocere | do what ye will."
l.png

#25 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,937 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2016 - 05:35

Isnt that the idea behind the Black Swan inks? I almost never see it truly show up, though.

I don't think so -- my understanding is that the Swans halo (I guess the best description for the "swan effect" might be "controlled feathering").

I never really got it with BSiAR either (I have a bottle of the original formulation), and my experience with  BSiER is limited -- I got a sample of it but wasn't overly enamored of the color.

What I'm talking about is a sort of darker or slightly different toned crispness to the edge of lines -- and it's definitely, IMO, the opposite of feathering....  It's more like a peculiar sort of shading (and is often seen in addition to "normal" shading.  

I can't describe or even define it: only point out inks where I've seen the behavior.  And it even happens on the relatively absorbent, mediocrely FP friendly paper in the cheap Piccadilly sketchbooks from Barnes and Noble that I use for personal ink reviews.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diamine, terracotta, brown

Sponsored Content

|