Grand Palace

jkingrph

thats better than the price currently listed on the site of 491 euro so about ~550 USD. but 550 is still better than any of the US dealers i've seen.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jkingrph

• Lam1

• Bo Bo Olson

• BayesianPrior

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 Euros, or by my currency converter today about $11.16.. I looked back to credit card statement and my delivered price was 493.11, a LOT better than the 680 I see from the US vendors. That all may vary a bit day to day with currency flucations. Marco locked in a price when I placed the pre order. Using the currency convertor price today using the Euro price quoted then, it would be $504.

Are you expecting any import duties from US customs?

bayesianprior.png

I bought mine from La Couronne du Comte and the price was even better than that. I don't know what their price is now because currently they have the price for it on call/email, but I think it is worth a call. My experience with them has been excellent and their prices for these special editions always hard to beat (there are online coupons for 10% off and above 150 euros it is free shipping).

As for import duties, in my experience it is unusual, but sometimes it happens. It is most likely to happen if shipped through UPS, DHL or FEDEX.

Are you expecting any import duties from US customs?

Did not get any, nor have ever had any import duties applied on a pen sale. I think threshold on import duties is rather high as compared to years past.

I have had several come UPS and DHL, this is my first via Fed Ex.

Edited by jkingrph

Regards

Jeff

My Grand Place has been sitting at customs for more than a week now! :gaah:

Don't they know that I absolutely need it at this very moment?? :crybaby:

I have on occasion had items sit in customs for 10-12 days, I just ordered a set of old diopter sights for a 120 year old rifle from Sweden, and they were in customs only a few hours. It probably has to do with where a small package lands and how long it takes to be noticed.

Regards

Jeff

I have on occasion had items sit in customs for 10-12 days, I just ordered a set of old diopter sights for a 120 year old rifle from Sweden, and they were in customs only a few hours. It probably has to do with where a small package lands and how long it takes to be noticed.

Wow, 10-12 days! :yikes:

I sure hope it doesn't take that long. I'm "dying" to put my hands on it, and the new ink I reserved for the pen "needs" to be put to use soon :) .

The longest I had seen before this one was 5 days for some Akkerman inks, for pens the longest for me had been 3 days.

I visited Artlife in Atlanta who had the pen in stock. It's definitely a pretty pen. The cap is partially transparent which gives it more depth. If I didn't already own some M800s I would probably pick one up.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone noticed that the Grand Place in no longer listed on the Pelikan web site?

Has anyone noticed that the Grand Place in no longer listed on the Pelikan web site?

As far as I know, it never was listed there.

I know I definitely saw it on their web site which is why I went into our pen shop and bought one. Below is the image from their web site. I understand from the Pelikan's Perch that only 500 were made.

post-106519-0-59277600-1458270360.jpg

I know I definitely saw it on their web site which is why I went into our pen shop and bought one. Below is the image from their web site. I understand from the Pelikan's Perch that only 500 were made.

attachicon.gifGrand.Place.jpg

Cool. This is new information for me, because I looked for it in their website and never saw it (but I'm not the most attentive person in the world... :P ).

This pen is a bit mysterious. Very few places outside the US had it, and very little information was provided. I also saw that some people mentioned the 500 figure, but was that confirmed?

I'm glad I got mine, because this one is a beauty.

I had not heard of a limitation of 500 pieces. Glad I bought two! Is it possible that 500 was an initial run of a "special edition" but not necessarily "limited edition" so if it sold well, Pelikan could produce more?

The curious thing is that not only is it absent on their web site but also missing form their time-line web page. I also understand that distribution is limited to the USA and maybe one other country. Another thought is if they were possibly going to produce more why would they take it off of the web site.

The 500 figure has not been confirmed. That was a rumor I heard handed down from one international vendor so take it with a grain of salt. The figure wouldn't suprise me though. As far as Pelikan's timeline on their website, it can lag behind releases some months depending on how quickly they update it.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

The 500 figure has not been confirmed. That was a rumor I heard handed down from one international vendor so take it with a grain of salt. The figure wouldn't suprise me though. As far as Pelikan's timeline on their website, it can lag behind releases some months depending on how quickly they update it.

I can't imagine there are only 500. The Pelikan Gaudi was 1000 pieces total and quite hard to find. My deales still has 2 GP's in stock (one reserved on my name :D) and sold a couple. Not that hard to find really.

And besides, I got the same information (only 500 copies) for the M800 Demontrator unetched in 2008.

Edited by RobertJRB

Pelikan nut