The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Gladiator Pen Company - Any Info?

pens gladiator france

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sidthecat

sidthecat

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:47

I'm looking at a ringtop with an octagonal cap, a silver engraved band, an 18k Tacos nib and it says Gladiator on it somewhere. It's cute, but I wondered if anyone knew anything about the maker?
It seems to have been made for the French market, but I don't know if it was actually made in France.
Any info?

Sponsored Content

#2 elis65

elis65

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:50

I hope you dont mind that if I add to this post my research text.
I am looking for informations, too, on this french old fountain pen (pre-war, I presume), but I can't seem to find any info of his brand and J.B. Paris factory.

Gladiator Porte plume Reservoir - Plume OROR - Pointe Iridium - Fabrication Française J.B. Paris

Antique, have you found something in the meantime?
Could someone help me up, please? Thank you in advance!

Elisabeth

Attached Images

• AF2C64A2-CBE4-4BA0-B00F-C57B7269FC02.jpeg

Edited by elis65, 26 May 2018 - 04:18.

#3 sidthecat

sidthecat

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2018 - 21:36

The unhappy postscript is that this beautiful pen fell apart in the hands of the nibmeister to whom I’d sent it. Old celluloid will sometimes fail catastrophically, and it’s not the first time it’s happened to me. I’ve kept the silver bits, in case I ever want to build a pen around them.

#4 enchiridion

enchiridion

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 August 2019 - 02:19

I hope you dont mind that if I add to this post my research text.
I am looking for informations, too, on this french old fountain pen (pre-war, I presume), but I can't seem to find any info of his brand and J.B. Paris factory.

Gladiator Porte plume Reservoir - Plume OROR - Pointe Iridium - Fabrication Française J.B. Paris

Antique, have you found something in the meantime?
Could someone help me up, please? Thank you in advance!

Elisabeth

actually it is end of the war. some are dated 1942, most 1944. The brand on the pens is mostly Globe d'Or. the nibs are steel or gold with mostly 1944 in elegant script. some have a golden globe on it.

I would love to see the scan of the flyer in the box.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
www.bermond.be

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pens, gladiator, france

Sponsored Content

|