What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail - 2016 Edition

Miz Black Crow

Today I ordered the Montegrappa Wonder Woman fountain pen. It will take two weeks for it to be in stock, but then I will receive it (and then it will be sent off for a regrinding as their finest nib is too large for my handwriting)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Miz Black Crow

• Ink Stained Wretch

• jmccarty3

The Conklin has arrived - love it.

Now I'm waiting on a couple of brush pens (Platinum Carbon and Noodler's Konrad); six ink samples, too.

A Lady Sheaffer VI in the Paisley Periwinkle pattern with a BB Triumph nib, from Peyton Street Pens. Counting the days . . .

Edited by ScienceChick

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

Pilot Custom 845 in red urushi with a Waverley nib should arrive within the next few days.

http://i.imgur.com/PIojiXC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9F4ZZ1A.jpg

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I am very happy you will have this pen to "look forward" to. I wish I had been aware of it before I chose the 823 which had "many" of my requirements (broad nib, good size & NOT Black) for my first Japanese pen. Months later I find out about this beauty & the possibility of a finish that is not transparent plastic WITH the unusual nibs. I will continue to haunt the Tokyo Pen Shop to imagine this pen "in hand," while being happy to know someone who is enjoying same. Will it need a Pilot red ink? (I imagine the color will have to be SEEN to determine BUT I know it is surely NOT a "Black pen!")

Thanks for sharing your expected "company."

Pilot Custom 845 in red urushi with a Waverley nib should arrive within the next few days.

As always, your pen choices are lovely.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

Currently waiting on two Conid's. A Flattop Demonstrator and a Streamline Demonstrator. I ordered every type and size nib and had at least one of each material ground to stubs or extra fine. Really excited. Looking to get rid of all my "pretty" pens that sit in a case and keep my collection to only the pens that I use. I will probably be going from over 50 pens to about 5.

Wow, whilst the Conids look like great pens this is a brave step :) Not sure I could cope or have the will power to keep my pens to a small number. Good luck!

Out of interest what's in the collection now and aside from the Conids what will be kept?

Edited by da vinci

Today or tomorrow I expect to receive my 3D-printed Stone Mask pen from Yoshi at Pen 18111:

http://pen.18111.com/pages/fpngallery/fountain/original/2015/figured_pen/stone_mask.html

Because the body of the pen is porous, and I would like to be able to fill by dipping the nib, Yoshi is customizing it with a red acrylic section in the style of a Pukao, the red "hat" that once topped many of Rapa Nui's Moai statues. Here's what the Puako looked like:

http://i.livescience.com/images/i/000/075/609/iFF/moai-pukao.jpg?1429902622

Here's a preview shot of the pen Yoshi sent before shipping:

24205529606_2e025efae8_o.jpg

Can't wait for the pen to arrive! Still deciding what will be the first ink I put in it, a gray or a dark red.

That is a great looking pen. I think your specification of an acrylic section is an improvement to the original design.

The pen I've been waiting for arrived today. From Cultpens I bought the LE Kaweco Sport Dark Brown with a broad nib. It came in a metal case that can hold two Kawecos. I have the sport skyline in mint green.

Posted Image

I received my Italix Parsons Essential I purchased from Massdrop today. It's extremely well built, sports a very nice smooth and forgiving medium cursive stub, and is a heck of a deal for the price IMO.

Visconti HS Fine arriving "soon". I'm usually extremely patient, to the point where it gets scary. I'm one of those people who can sit still in a waiting room and not read stuff or check their phone. Now I'm getting impatient for the first time ever.

>8[ This is a grumpy. Get it? Grumpy smiley? Huehue >8[

I tend to ramble and write wallotexts. I do that.

A Gama Supreme will hopefully grace my mailbox in a few days time.

fpn_1452420641__gama_supreme_flat_top_eb

Edited by AndyKeir

Andy sang as he watched and waited 'til his billy boiled ...

(With apologies to Andrew Barton "Banjo" Paterson)

Visconti HS Fine arriving "soon". I'm usually extremely patient, to the point where it gets scary. I'm one of those people who can sit still in a waiting room and not read stuff or check their phone. Now I'm getting impatient for the first time ever.

Congratulations on purchasing a Visconti HS. I love mine.

Posted Image

As always, your pen choices are lovely.

Thank you, dear!

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I'm still waiting for "5PCS high quality fountain pen nib medium New Free shipping" from a guy in "China." I bought these on E-Bay back on November 15. I received notice that it was shipped on November 16, and, "Estimated delivery Thu, Dec 03 - Thu, Jan 07." It hasn't arrived yet.

I figure I'll check the mail box again tomorrow, January 10, and see if it's there. If it's not I suppose I need to start something on E-Bay about it before too much time passes.

This was something I'd bought when I was falling off the wagon a bit back in the Autumn. I figure those five nibs qualify for something I'm still waiting for in 2016.

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp360/Ink_Stained_Wretch/Street_cleaning_equipment_St._Louis.png

I've been back on the above wagon for more than a month now. Here's hoping that my order didn't fall off some other wagon :doh: .

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

That is a great looking pen. I think your specification of an acrylic section is an improvement to the original design.

Thanks. Pen arrived on Friday, and it is terrific. I hope to write up a thorough review after I've done more writing with it, but so far I've found the acrylic section to have several benefits aside from being able to fill by dipping. It's more comfortable in my fingers than when I compare to holding the similarly sized back of the pen. And the 3D-printed material of the body of the pen is crazy light, so the acrylic section adds some much-needed weight to the pen, and having that extra weight in the section feels better than some other back-heavy pens I have. I paid extra for the acrylic section, but so far it seems a good value.

I love the dark red "Pukao"-style section, but I think the pen would equally look terrific with a black or dark gray section, or even a turquoise that leans blue or a bright orange.

I am waiting for a near mint Parker Vacfold and a WAHL EVERSHARP gold seal in a Rare colour

-Tunis

And a WAHL Gold seal in green / Brown ( looks to be oversized- did Not ask in case answer was yes and he posted it )

Got to stop buying

Keith

I'm waiting on some brass foil and a few other bits and pieces but no longer waiting for a pen ... as my Gama Supreme arrived an hour ago. Already inked up with Waterman Harmonious Green.

And I thought the Jinhao 159 was a big pen ... this thing is HUGE! I love it!

fpn_1452741871__gamasupreme.jpg

Andy sang as he watched and waited 'til his billy boiled ...

(With apologies to Andrew Barton "Banjo" Paterson)