What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail - 2016 Edition

Miz Black Crow

After receiving my latest order today... NOTHING. Gasp! What a shocker! Lol.

I got a couple Noodler's Nib Creaper nibs, and clear Konrad Rollerball today, as it came with an extra tip and I wanted to see if it would fit in the feeds of the Konrad Brush pens. (I didn't find the flow very appealing on the brushes.. too wet, made a mess, wasted lots of ink). And the answer is a resounding "yes!" The rollerball tips do indeed fit the brush feeds, which I imagine are exactly the same.

Not only that, but I got TWO extra rollerball tips, so I was able to convert both my brush pens into RBs for a total of three.

So now I have to order something, eh?

Sorry, so you now have a rollerball that fills up with FP ink? Am I reading this right? Because if so I need to find a Konrad to mess with...

Girl Sam

(It used to be Sammi with a heart drawn over the I, but I stopped because absolutely everyone was doing it)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Miz Black Crow

• Ink Stained Wretch

• jmccarty3

I am currently waiting for an Esterbrook LJ in copper with a 2556, and a Monteverde Prima in the Turqoise swirl, B nib!!!! Can't wait for that one

This morning (5th Jan) EoC arrived at the University to find two packages waiting. One contained a sealed box of Gilbert & Blanzy-Poure Departmentale Cementee No.2552 dip nibs (cost $35, which EoC is inclined to think was a bit of a bargain). The other package contained a Desiderata Daedalus. Of course, EoC now has to fret all day before being able to try either of these things out! Gnashing of teeth ensues. :D

Sorry, so you now have a rollerball that fills up with FP ink? Am I reading this right? Because if so I need to find a Konrad to mess witho...

Check out the Noodlers Nib Creaper :D I think J. Herbin also makes a RB that takes FP ink. Also the (ugly but useful) Monteverde Tool Pen RB).

Edited by ScienceChick

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

Additional: just wandered out at lunch time. Popped into the local University bookstore. Walked out with a bottle of J. Herbin Lierre Sauvage. Talk about random acts.

Sorry, so you now have a rollerball that fills up with FP ink? Am I reading this right? Because if so I need to find a Konrad to mess with...

Yep! Here's the one I bought from Goulet: http://www.gouletpens.com/noodlers-konrad-refillable-rollerball-pen-clear-demonstrator/p/N18063

There's a Nib Creaper version as well, but it's gonna be smaller. And I think it's being discontinued.

Yep! Here's the one I bought from Goulet: http://www.gouletpens.com/noodlers-konrad-refillable-rollerball-pen-clear-demonstrator/p/N18063

There's a Nib Creaper version as well, but it's gonna be smaller. And I think it's being discontinued.

You are such a penabler and I :wub: you for it, TeaHive :)

Girl Sam

(It used to be Sammi with a heart drawn over the I, but I stopped because absolutely everyone was doing it)

My impulsive order for the day are two Italix Captain's Commission Fountain Pens from MassDrop.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/italix-captains-commission

I ordered a burgundy one with a broad italic nib and a black one with a medium cursive stub for my husband.

Today, I also received four Delta Vintage FPs each with fine point fusion nibs. I bought them from martemodena on eBay. I couldn't decide what color I wanted so I just bought all four - a white marble, a green marble, a red marble and an acid green marble. I don't plan on keeping them all, so you may see one or two in Classifieds soon.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

I am waiting for a new Pilot Custom 823 from Colorado Pen Company. I like the vacuum fill technology. I have a Bushed Copper Sheaffer Legacy with a touchdown filler and a Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze Age. This is a really elegant filling system. My new pen should be here around January 14th, if all goes well.

One ink to find them,

One ink to bring them all

One ink to rule them all,

and in the darkness bind them..

Well, if I had seen this thread before noonish, yesterday, I would have said "A Yard O Led Victorian FP in the standard size, with a fine nib". But it arrived in yesterday's mail in the afternoon, so I'm not waiting for any other pens at this point. I have my dream pen, now, so I'm hoping I don't feel the urge to order any more any time soon :-).

"In the end, only kindness matters."

I just managed to be the highest bidder on MARTINI AUCTIONS for a steel Lamy 2000. It is being shipped tomorrow with an OBB nib & will be my first experience with the 2000. I have bought a Safari & Al Star; although acceptable they haven't caused me to want "seconds" on either pen. I admit to falling for the "hype" for this pen (probably from following the posts from the recent Massdrop offering) but for the price of the pen & OBB availability it seemed like a good time to try one.

For anyone interested the auction @ Ms. Martini's site in Germany was over $25.00 less than the recent Massdrop offer including registered airmail shipping & offered the expanded nib choice. She offered the same pen today on her US auction @ Ebay & it sold for $15.00 more than the pen 20 minutes later on her auction site in Germany. I have purchased more than six pens from her & each have been a pleasure.

The haul which needs to be taken off the 2015 list that I just received within the last few days:

Sailor Professional Gear F (with gold accents)

Sailor Professional Gear F (with silver accents)

Sailor Professional Gear w/ MF Naginata Toki nib in gold

Pilot Vanishing Point 2015 Twilight Edition in EF

Kaweco AC Sport Jubilee Red Edition in EF

...waiting for here in 2016:

Sailor Professional Gear EF (with gold accents)

Sailor Professional Gear Imperial Black in F

Sailor Professional Gear Shimmering Red in SEF (Super EF)

Sailor Professional Gear w/ MF Naginata Toki nib in silver (-- October 2016!)

Pilot Prera - solid white - in F

Pilot Prera - solid lime green - in F

Sufficing to say, I'm quite enjoying fountain pens of a Japanese origin - the NMF Sailor and EF Pilot are just amazing!

cheers,

/ff

The copper Esterbrook with the 9968 as arrived and filled with PR Lake Placid Blue, the gray Esterbrook with the 9461 is in the mail, and the black Esterbrook with a 9668 nib should be in the mail by the end of the week. And that completes the series for me.

Edited by corgicoupe

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

I went overboard this Christmas, I am waiting for Waterman Phileas, Sheaffer 300, Reform 1745, Pelikan 120, Pelikan 200, Some Montblanc i don't know what it is, and another Parker 45 that I bought to nab the gold nib off of. Man I love ebay. I am getting really seriously into the hobby.

Currently waiting on two Conid's. A Flattop Demonstrator and a Streamline Demonstrator. I ordered every type and size nib and had at least one of each material ground to stubs or extra fine. Really excited. Looking to get rid of all my "pretty" pens that sit in a case and keep my collection to only the pens that I use. I will probably be going from over 50 pens to about 5.

On it's way...an early 90's Green Marble Centennial.

Thou shalt not stir one foot to seek a foe.

Eadem Mutata Resurgo.

Today or tomorrow I expect to receive my 3D-printed Stone Mask pen from Yoshi at Pen 18111:

http://pen.18111.com/pages/fpngallery/fountain/original/2015/figured_pen/stone_mask.html

Because the body of the pen is porous, and I would like to be able to fill by dipping the nib, Yoshi is customizing it with a red acrylic section in the style of a Pukao, the red "hat" that once topped many of Rapa Nui's Moai statues. Here's what the Puako looked like:

http://i.livescience.com/images/i/000/075/609/iFF/moai-pukao.jpg?1429902622

Here's a preview shot of the pen Yoshi sent before shipping:

24205529606_2e025efae8_o.jpg

Can't wait for the pen to arrive! Still deciding what will be the first ink I put in it, a gray or a dark red.

Ooooh, that's pretty!! I think a dark red ink would be lovely myself, but to each her own :) Congrats!

Girl Sam

I have a burgundy Omas Milord on the way. It's an old style, with a 14k broad nib. Should be fun!

"Oh deer."