What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail - 2016 Edition

Miz Black Crow

Happy New Year all! I am extremely excited for this year in pens, as I am using them as a reward schema for certain life goals I intend to achieve in 2016. As such I'm purchasing nice items and will be displaying them on my desk as a motivational tool, but will not be allowed to use them until the conditions are met. (Instant rewards are wunderbar!)

So far, on order and waiting for my greedy little paws, I have coming:

--TWSBI Eco, White, M nib (reviews abound). This is more a delayed self-Christmas present than it is a reward, but if it's anything like my Diamond 580-AL I'm sure I'll love it!

http://static1.jetpens.com/images/a/000/078/78788.jpg

--Levenger L-Tech 3.0, stealthy black (mmmm), F nib (for technical pens demand fine nibs!) (Ed Jelley review) (SBRE Brown review) (Gourmet Pens review)

FullSizeRender-600x443.jpg?resize=600%2C

--Tactile Turns Gist with a copper finial and copper grip section and a Titanium nib in F (Ed Jelley review) (SBRE Brown review) (Gourmet Pens review) (pre-order) This is the one that excites me the most, as it's being hand-turned in the USA by a man named Will Hodges, who was extremely quick to answer questions. (I may have to replace the Ti nib for a black one just for completeness of color-matching, but I'll certainly take the titanium for a ride first--it will be my first non-steel nib!)

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/515b8e65e4b0afec1216fa44/54456353e4b0adf59729061e/563bc74fe4b080d238d96919/1446758224746/Tactile+Turn+Gist-53.jpg?format=750w

Lastly, I missed out on not one, not two, but THREE awesome deals on the Lamy 2000, which is my 3rd reward-pen for my trials and tribulations of 2016. Unfortunately it will be a hard road getting to the L2K, but I anticipate it being worth the work.

What about you guys? What's on order for you in 2016? And why are you buying those pens in particular?

Girl Sam

(It used to be Sammi with a heart drawn over the I, but I stopped because absolutely everyone was doing it)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Miz Black Crow

• Ink Stained Wretch

• jmccarty3

Wow! You have been busy! Congratulations on such nice pens.

I have a M800 Vibrant Blue in pre-order, but it will not arrive until February when it is released. The M800s are my main pen, the size and weight are just perfect for me.

I also have a GvFC Elemento LE which was off to Germany for repair and should be on its way back to me. Since I never had the opportunity to use the pen, it feels like a new pen for me (even though I bought it 5 months ago). I can barely wait to ink it.

A ultramarine Waterman Carene. Unfortunately it will be a F-nib, but it is what it is. I ordered that mostly because it is ultramarine.

Also thinking about that vibrant blue Pelikan m800 which LAM1 mentioned, but after being kind of disappointed with m600 I am hesitant to pay for m800.

You do not have a right to post. You do not have a right to a lawyer. Do you understands these rights you do not have?

Kaweco Supra (titanium B), Al-Sport (steel BB).

Parker: Sonnet (dimonite); Frontier GT; 51 (gray); Vacumatic (amber).

Pelikan: m600 (BB); Rotring ArtPen (1,9mm); Rotring Rive; Cult Pens Mini (the original silver version), Waterman Carene (ultramarine F)

I am awaiting the arrival of a set, in fact.

Windsor Prose calligraphy set.

The mail carrier delivered one of these RBs today, in silver, not black: http://www.troika.org/en/produkte.html?nr=PEN10%2FDB&fromkat=29

Also received a handblown clear glass pen holder. Christmas gifts from a friend with great taste!

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

Well....

A Pelikan 120 (looks to be a Type II/Merz & Krell from the photos in the listing) in black is in town. I had it shipped to my office and delivery was attempted today. No one there. I will have Monday.

Yesterday I won an auction for a Esterbrook SJ in red with 9450 EF nib. Paid slightly more than ideal as it may need a new sac. With a 1xxx or 2xxx nib it would have been more so. If it does, I will either need to get the materials to do it myself or send it off to someone. These were not planned purchases. I am out of pocket under $50 for the pair shipped. Under $40 before shipping, I actually paid more for the Estie than the Pelikan by about $4.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I'm waiting on a Montblanc Heritage 1914 (not the coral one--don't get excited) from La Couronne du Comte. Montblanc is putting an OBB nib on it, and it should arrive in 3-4 weeks.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

2 delayed Christmas presents.

A PIlot Vanishing Point Decimo with Broad Nib

A Sailor Pro Gear with Broad Nib

according to the seller they have arrived in "Customs" I hope the just mean the country, and they may get through unchecked, but I am just waiting on the bill now...

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Two Esterbrook pens. A gray with a 9461 nib and a copper with a 9968 nib. That will fill the color chart, except for black, but that's an absence of color.😊

Edited by corgicoupe

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

Omas Paragon Red (from the Fashion Collection set) and Omas Bologna Passioni... pack is just one country hop away from my location...

My new TWSBI arrived last night! I was expecting it to take at least a couple more weeks to get here, but lo and behold....

fpn_1451839417__twsbi_eco_small.jpg

Girl Sam

(It used to be Sammi with a heart drawn over the I, but I stopped because absolutely everyone was doing it)

A Blackwell oblique dip pen holder from John Neal Bookseller.

Ink has something in common with both money and manure. It's only useful if it's spread around.

A vintage Packard with a flexy Norex nib, and a Major Service Lever-Filler.

Also, a Nakaya but that's technically not in the mail, it's still in production.

Waiting for a bunch of cheapie Chinese cartridge pens and yet another parker 45.

David

For so long as one hundred men remain alive,we shall never under any conditions submit to the

domination of the English. It is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but only for liberty, which

no good man will consent to lose but with his life.

A lot of 3 vintage Waterman. one in - i think - good condition. The other ones.. i'll use them for repair experiments :D

Edited by drop_m

I was waiting for a Kaweco Sport brass version with M nib, and to my surprise, it arrived today! The down side of the happy surprise is that I was not expecting this so soon and my limited supply of Kaweco cartridges is at work so I do not get to test drive this tonight.

I am still waiting for a Pelikan M805 Stresseman (black / gray) with a Bold nib.

However, I think that both these pens will go to nib modification (cursive italic or stub) after a brief test fill.

(added correction a few minutes after the original post: Yay, there was a cartridge hiding in the pen body after all!)

After receiving my latest order today... NOTHING. Gasp! What a shocker! Lol.

I got a couple Noodler's Nib Creaper nibs, and clear Konrad Rollerball today, as it came with an extra tip and I wanted to see if it would fit in the feeds of the Konrad Brush pens. (I didn't find the flow very appealing on the brushes.. too wet, made a mess, wasted lots of ink). And the answer is a resounding "yes!" The rollerball tips do indeed fit the brush feeds, which I imagine are exactly the same.

Not only that, but I got TWO extra rollerball tips, so I was able to convert both my brush pens into RBs for a total of three.

So now I have to order something, eh?