The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Help With Info Regarding A Vintage Fp Bought In Vienna

vintage fountain pen vienna austria gold 14c nib celluloid body

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dorothylim

dorothylim

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2016 - 17:30

I recently visited the WFW shop in Vienna, Austria, and purchased a lovely vintage button-filler fountain pen. The shop owner said that though the pen was unmarked, he believes it is most likely a vintage made-in-Austria Tempo. The body is celluoid, the section of hard rubber. On the nib, the words say "WARRANTED 14 Ct 1st QUALITY".

I am a little unsure if I heard him saying it was made in the 1960s, because on the certificate he provided me, it said "1930s". 

I was wondering if anyone could provide any information to help in identifying the make or placing the time period of this pen?

TIA!

Attached Images

• Tempo Vienna 1 body.jpg
  • Tempo fr Vienna uncapped 1.jpg
  • Tempo fr Vienna nib front.jpg

Edited by dorothylim, 02 January 2016 - 18:25.

Sponsored Content

#2 sidthecat

sidthecat

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,093 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2016 - 23:24

It looks like an old Pelikan, but the original nib came to grief.

#3 Tweel

Tweel

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:08

To be honest, it doesn't look anything like a Pelikan to me.

I could believe anything from the mid-1930s to the mid-1950s (I have a Staedtler with this sort of 1930s look to it, but the piston seal is plastic, hence presumably post-war).

Is there any barrel imprint, possibly a very faint one?

fpn_1375035941__postcard_swap.png * * * "Don't neglect to write me several times from different places when you may."
-- John Purdue (1863)

I regard Donald T. as a monster: both by formal definition, as one deviating grotesquely from the norm, and by etymology, as a bad portent.

Do notorious vampires ever receive life threats?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vintage fountain pen, vienna, austria, gold 14c nib, celluloid body

Sponsored Content

|