The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Happy New Pens!

conid agatha

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 penmanila

penmanila

Vacumaniac

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,264 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:59

My daughter came home to Manila from the US for a visit on New Year's Day, and brought some goodies for her dad, including a small bunch of writing instruments—four fountain pens, a pencil, and a rollerball--that had been accumulating for me in her California address:

23992698932_1a38375a8b_c.jpg

From left to right, they are a Conid Bulkfiller Streamline, an MB Agatha Christie pen and pencil set with box, a Conway Stewart Dandy rollerball, a Parker 51 Vacumatic, and a Parker Vacumatic “Overmax” (I use quotation marks because it turned out to be a franken-Vac, albeit a well-made one).

Aside from the Agatha set (the pen is near-mint and the M nib is nicely springy), the jewel of the bunch is the Conid, which impressed me with its size, heft, machining, and the smoothness of its rhodinated 18K nib. Some more pics of the new arrivals:

23474524473_9225c939d4_c.jpg

24018268461_ed88c4e5ee_c.jpg

24018781761_c12520ed65_c.jpg

24102059485_814fafaed9_c.jpg

23473062564_cdc0d95ceb_c.jpg

23474524343_e4b5ed5282_c.jpg

The big question was what I would fill up the Conid with, and after much thought I finally decided on Pelikan Royal Blue—a vivid but stable ink. I plan on using the Conid as an EDC alongside my other, stub-nibbed Agatha, the Conid for notes and the Agatha for signatures.

A great start for 2016! :)

Check out my blog and my pens

Sponsored Content

#2 FOUR X FOUR

FOUR X FOUR

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:12

They look happy to me

#3 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,289 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2016 - 06:06

Wow Congrats!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

#4 pankaj

pankaj

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2016 - 07:25

@ penmanila :

Congrats!

Agatha Christie is classic. Handwriting is  artistic.

Lucky you !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: conid, agatha

Sponsored Content

|