Only One Ink

rj1167

I'll pick the "boring" and magnificent and trouble-free Noodler's Black (with or without a dash of Noodler's Old Manhattan Black).

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oldtimer

• DrDebG

• Fuzzy_Bear

• Scrivener1

Well, I asked, so I must give mine.

Diamine Twilight

No, wait, Diamine Sargasso Sea.

Who in their right mind would ask such a question? LOL!

Iroshizuku kon-peki blue!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Akkerman Shocking Blue. It does everything right and it does tricks, too.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Diamine Sherwood Green, for now, subject to changing my mind.

Runner ups:

- Waterman black, always a good color to have.

- Noodler's Gruene Cactus, might be a bit too bright for the only ink I would use.

I'm still looking for a good red/black and green/black, when I find either, then that would be my ink.

Although it may call for mixing. In which case, I would need 2 inks; black + green or red.

Edited by ac12

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Chesterfield Antique Yankee (rebranded Diamine Regency Blue, but at a much better price). This is a nice dark blue that works well in all of my pens and on all papers. If it were waterproof it would be the perfect ink.

Forget my previous answer(s).

It would have to be Franklin Christoph Midnight Emerald. It works well in every pen and the color has lovely variation and shading, yet very professional when need be.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Sailor Sei Boku.

It flows well. It has shading. It has sheen. It is waterproof.

I like the color more often than the other blue-blacks (even though it's really a blue) depending upon my mood and the paper. It would have to be in a good bottle (Akkerman, MB Shoe , Etc.) so I can fill my Pilot 823 and Visconti Homo Sapiens properly

Pelikan 4001 Blue Black as a backup.

ESSRI as a backup for that.

A pencil as a final backup.

A ballpoint? Never!

Take away all of my inks but one?

450px-Scottish_claymore_replica_%28Albio

We Scots use both hands for things other than the pipes!!

Ink has something in common with both money and manure. It's only useful if it's spread around.

My answer to this question is always the same. Noodler's Black is the one for me.

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter

Take away all of my inks but one?

450px-Scottish_claymore_replica_%28Albio

We Scots use both hands for things other than the pipes!!

A new take on "From my cold, dead hands"

People used to hide their claymores in the thatch, couldn't you do that with the inks, as well??

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Might as well. I would probably go with Private Reserve Chocolat. Dark enough to sign with but shows it's color with wider nibs.

Peace and Understanding

Forget my previous answer(s).

It would have to be Franklin Christoph Midnight Emerald. It works well in every pen and the color has lovely variation and shading, yet very professional when need be.

Totally. +1

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

No one answered my answer:

Noodler's Lexington Gray

Dark enough to be formal, shading enough to be interesting- and the added "double-take" of having a pen look like graphite.

Add in that it bulletproof, waterproof, and fast drying... that makes it a pretty darn versatile ink.

• 3 weeks later...

I get to pick 3 things if I'm gonna be stuck on a deserted island, but I have to limit myself to only one ink for this scenario. How is that fair?

Diamine 1864 Blue-Black.