Alternative Body For Uniball Signo 207 Refills?

Left Elvis

So the Uniball Signo 207 Needlepoint is by far my favourite writer whenever I can't use my fountain pens, but I abhor the default bodies. I would prefer something a little more classy.

Do ya'll have any experience with alternative ballpoint/rollerball bodies that fit the Signo 207 refills nicely and are aesthetically pleasing to boot?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• RNHC

• Shaggy

• Zookie

Top Posters In This Topic

Retrakt by KarasKustom

Pentel Energel Alloy RT

Pilot G2 Limited

Lamy Tipo

Probably some other custom everyday carry pens made in USA

http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_mall/officeplaza/cabinet/sa/zebra/jjz30-a.jpgProbably fit the Sarasa SE, the regular 207's do anyway.

/http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/858372_558495127508117_649985064_o.jpg

I've got a 207 ultra micro (0.38) in a Rotring Skynn body. It's a nice combination.

The Uniball UMR-87 fits into the Pentel 'Energel' shell which looks very good to me, also it goes into the Pilot Frixion 'clicker' shell, and also the similar Pilot 'V-ball' shell.

The answer to this I guess depends on what style pen you prefer.

I've used a heat shrink sleeve on Uni refills in a Render K with great results:

The refill fits in a Pentel Excalibur with no modification.

With an insert or spring in the body side, I've used these refills in Baoer, Picasso and Jinhao pens. I can elaborate on which specific models if needed. Some of these Chinese pens are pretty decent. Others I can't recommend.

Some of my favorites although certainly more utility oriented are the Ti2 techliner from TiTechliner.com and the Titanium pens from www.bigdesign.com

Most of the pen bodies that take G2 refills should take Signo refills. I know Waterman and Rotring rollerballs take G2s. Take a look at Kickstarter. A lot of those pens are designed to take G2 and Signo refills. Tactile Turn and TiClick pens come to mind.

I use a Lamy 2000 RB for this type of swap. Very well suited for refill hacking -- has a blind cap that can take various size springs to set the right pressure, and the section isn't fussy about the thickness/stepping of plastic like you see across the Pilot and Pentel refills.

Graham

Most of the pen bodies that take G2 refills should take Signo refills.

Ime this isn't true in actual practice. The 207refill has a different length of tip section than the g2.

well from what I know the Signo Refill is smaller than the G2 as I tried to put the Pilot G2 into the Jetstream body it started to complain but not when I chuck in the 207 into the Jetstream...

but to the undiscerning eye they do look the same

Edited by Algester

Ime this isn't true in actual practice. The 207refill has a different length of tip section than the g2.

That may be so but the pens I mentioned are from my actual experience. My Rotring 600 rollerball takes both G2 and Signo without fuss. Waterman, I don't think I tried Signo but it takes G2 perfectly so I don't see why it wouldn't take Signo. Both TiClick and Tactile Turn take G2 and Signo without issue - Both are clickers and I did notice that the extended tips are of different length but both G2 and Signo fit in both pens.

well from what I know the Signo Refill is smaller than the G2 as I tried to put the Pilot G2 into the Jetstream body it started to complain but not when I chuck in the 207 into the Jetstream...

but to the undiscerning eye they do look the same

Exactly. The signo is a fraction shorter. It might work in pens that take a spring, because the spring evens out the let a bit.

But in pen bodies without springs, it's a no go.

Learning this has been a very expensive lesson.