La Pen Show 2016

vannesspen

Hmmm. This will be my 23 or 24 LA show. Go early! Stay late!

There is no bigger pen show on this planet!

Budgets, timing, and your interests should drive the schedule.

I'll be there early Thursday.

May or may not be there Sunday. Do what works in your life, but early will get the rare worm (pen).

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JonSzanto

• AltecGreen

• vannesspen

• northstar

Jim Rouse and I will be there with F-C. Two tables just left of the main entrance. - Scott F.

Yay! I can thank you in person for the killer 66P in Antique Glass I got about a month ago, and thank Jim again for one of his Fantasy Legacies I got from him at the SF show last August. You people make spectacular products!

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Don't forget to bring the vodka.

Cross my heart...Friday evening after the show, do not forget your special camera and lens for new models.

Should I have received a traders pass in the mail? I sent a check and it was cashed, however I see no traders pass

This is my first LA pen show. Don't know the procedure

Should I have received a traders pass in the mail? I sent a check and it was cashed, however I see no traders pass

I had the same experience and question a couple of years ago when I first attended.

You will be able to pick up your package immediately outside the entry, where they have a table set up for exactly that.

I had the same experience and question a couple of years ago when I first attended.

You will be able to pick up your package immediately outside the entry, where they have a table set up for exactly that.

Thank you whichwatch. Thank you very much

To save money and time the organizers stopped mailing a few years ago.

To the right, as you enter the lobby is a table. Give them your name and you’ll get an envelope with announcements and your pass. Hang the pass around your neck.

Just beyond the table is a guy who looks like the one Indiana Jones shot in his first movie. About 7 feet tall, wearing a turban and pantaloons, resting his chin on the hasp of a scimitar. He is not a pen dealer. If he can’t see your pass, he wakes up.

Just past him and to the right is the entrance to the Ball Room, the main part of the show, although much can be found outside of the Ball Room and along the windows overlooking the Golf Course.

Breath deep, relax, enjoy. It’s only money.

Edited by DanDeM

I'll be there, probably Thursday afternoon/evening. I might try to bring ink i don't really use anymore--if you have a vial, you can have a sample. :-)

They have no respect for my wallet. Most expensive possible way to enjoy looking, buying, talking, trading, tweaking our "precious obsessions."

The by far greatest expense is the cost of my wife's pen show activities, and after pen show activity. Shopping in LA and dinner and entertainment comensurate with her tolerating a Pen Show on Valentine's Day!

Cheers,

“It’s better to light a candle than curse the darkness

We will be selling at least Thursday-Saturday, Not sure on Sunday yet. Lots of vintage items and new items. Many items never listed before

and special discounts at the show.

Theresa and I look forward to meeting you.

www.isellpens.com

Anyone with photos from the show?

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Anyone with photos from the show?

People are too busy losing their shirts and offering their first born as collateral... :lol: :lol: ...

Pics start trickling in soon after the show is done and people are getting back their composure... :lticaptd: :lticaptd:

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,