The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Got Goldfinks In Your Collection?

vintage german goldfink

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 eaudom

eaudom

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:31

Goldfink Wunderfuller.  Found recently in the wild, thought you might find it interesting. Shown next to full sized Parker 51 for size comparison, 

then next to a Waterman 2A nib for nib comparison.  This goldfink nib is long tined and flexible.

P1050581.JPG P1050582.JPG

P1050582.JPG

P1050586.JPG

P1050587.JPG

Sponsored Content

#22 markiv

markiv

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 February 2016 - 14:59

Wunnderful :) find indeed. Is it restored? Also would like to know if there is a model number inscribed anywhere on the turning knob?

Goldfink Wunderfuller.  Found recently in the wild, thought you might find it interesting. Shown next to full sized Parker 51 for size comparison, 

then next to a Waterman 2A nib for nib comparison.  This goldfink nib is long tined and flexible.

Posted Image

#23 eaudom

eaudom

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 February 2016 - 16:20

hi, not restored....on the end of the barrel there is an H and below that a 32

#24 markiv

markiv

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 970 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2016 - 02:35

Good luck with the restoration. Not too difficult just be gentle with the twist knob.

Posted Image

#25 eaudom

eaudom

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2016 - 17:58

thanks, but I would not know how to take it apart....the filler button won' turn

#26 markiv

markiv

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 970 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 February 2016 - 01:19

Unfortunately I could not find any of my pictures showing a wonderfüller taken apart but it is quite similar to Astoria shown here. The section should unscrew from the barrel and so should the rear housing. Be very gentle using light heat. If you have not done this before please send it to a professional.

Posted Image

#27 kawuska

kawuska

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 14:56

Finally I can chime in this thread: my first complete Golfink Punkfüller.Small size nr1, marked "C 21" on knob.

goldfink_zpsimgdebjx.jpg

This pen allows for a comparison of filling systems used by three german pen brands: Goldfink, Astoria and Matador:

Goldfink%20Astoria_zps9ltrai5n.jpg

As you can see, all these systems use much the same principle, the only difference is reversing the operating parts.Interestingly, even the arrow marking is almost identical.

Goldfink%20Astoria%20mechanism_zpsnaovgp

3%20pens_zpswaqgcjoq.jpg

Here all three pens, all size 1.

3%20pens%202_zpsmxiwbnpb.jpg

As for this particular type of Goldfinks: I found that in the beginning they were named "Punktfüller" later renamed to "Wunderfüller".

#28 Azuniga

Azuniga

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 September 2016 - 21:13

Beautiful pen, enjoy it !

And thank you for all the information...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vintage, german, goldfink

Sponsored Content

|