Meisterstück 90 Years Skeleton 149

christianch

Hello,

I have reserved this pen and I will be able to try it next week. I did see this pen before but I never had a chance to try it. I am now looking for a new special pen and I feel that this will be the one. I love the rose gold nib (and prefer it to the white gold one!).

Any owner willing to share some photos, comments opinion ? Non-owners opinions are welcome too :)

Christian

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• christianch

• sny

• Barry Gabay

• gerigo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations! That will be a wonderful New Year's gift to yourself. It's got my vote for Pen of the Year for 2015!

Sorry, wrong year.

Edited by Barry Gabay

This pen is a very elegant skeleton with its dark ruthenium and smoked windows. I also like the red gold nib, the contrast with the rest of the pen is stunning.

Best regards,

S.

This pen is a very elegant skeleton with its dark ruthenium and smoked windows. I also like the red gold nib, the contrast with the rest of the pen is stunning.

Best regards,

S.

Thanks for your reply. Did you have a chance to try it ?

Congratulations! That will be a wonderful New Year's gift to yourself. It's got my vote for Pen of the Year for 2015!

Sorry, wrong year.

Thank you :) will save the congratulations for when I get it (which should be soon!) and will post some photos :)

Here's a picture of mine I shared about a year back. It's together with other pens I considered as candidates for GOAT for 2014. I jumped right on the band wagon when the pen was first introduced. I considered a "bargain" since most other Montblanc Skeleton pens up to this point started at twice the price.

Some of my thoughts/ observations of the pen:

- Although based on the 149, with the exception of the nib, it does not share a single part with it's namesake. Everything is developed from the ground up, and is different and new.

- I think the dimensions are not identical to the 149. It's slightly slimmer and very slightly longer.

- The fit and finish of the pen is at a different level than any other pen I have and puts all others to shame. The finishing is more like a hand made skeleton watch than a demonstrator pen.

- Every conceivable surface has been designed, detailed and thought through. The one I really like is the underside of the finial where the clip attaches to the cap. Usually you see a large screw since it's so deep in the cap. In this skeleton pen, it's a end piece with an indented snow flake logo.

It's an extremely exquisite pen, that still makes my hand shake at times considering I could make down payment for a home in some parts of the country.

post-80291-0-39797900-1420247327_thumb.jpg

Edited by gerigo

Saw it in person and it's exceptionally stunning! But......same for the price tag. :(

Lamy 2000 FP, PP, BP, MFP & RB. Mont Blanc Meisterstück 161 Le Grand Platinum BP & Heritage 1912 FP.

Here's a picture of mine I shared about a year back. It's together with other pens I considered as candidates for GOAT for 2014. I jumped right on the band wagon when the pen was first introduced. I considered a "bargain" since most other Montblanc Skeleton pens up to this point started at twice the price.
Some of my thoughts/ observations of the pen:
- Although based on the 149, with the exception of the nib, it does not share a single part with it's namesake. Everything is developed from the ground up, and is different and new.
- I think the dimensions are not identical to the 149. It's slightly slimmer and very slightly longer.
- The fit and finish of the pen is at a different level than any other pen I have and puts all others to shame. The finishing is more like a hand made skeleton watch than a demonstrator pen.
- Every conceivable surface has been designed, detailed and thought through. The one I really like is the underside of the finial where the clip attaches to the cap. Usually you see a large screw since it's so deep in the cap. In this skeleton pen, it's a end piece with an indented snow flake logo.
It's an extremely exquisite pen, that still makes my hand shake at times considering I could make down payment for a home in some parts of the country.

Gerigo,

Thanks a lot for sharing your photo and very valuable observations ! I did see the pen when it came out

but didn't pay as much attention to it as I was buying way too many pens and the pricing was very high.

Back then I didn't pay attention to the fact that for a skeleton pen it was indeed less expensive

than other editions.

I didn't buy any expensive pen for a while and now I am very much in love with this pen! I reserved

one at my local montblanc shop (the last available apparently as now the blue hours skeleton is the

current model).

I love the idea of a 149 size nib in rose gold as a contrast to the rest of the pen!

Ironically I also like other aspects that were criticised in other posts: for instance I don't mind at

all the special edition vs. limited edition. Really look forward to this one. Thanks again for sharing

the photo and your views.

Best Regards

Christian

Thanks for your reply. Did you have a chance to try it ?

I have tried it and must admit it is a joy to use. It isn't that heavy, has a fantastic 9-sized nib and is very well balanced. Further, the skeletonized body is barely noticeable when writing with it.

All in all, I think it is a very nice addition to any Montblanc collection, even if it isn't a limited edition.

I have tried it and must admit it is a joy to use. It isn't that heavy, has a fantastic 9-sized nib and is very well balanced. Further, the skeletonized body is barely noticeable when writing with it.

All in all, I think it is a very nice addition to any Montblanc collection, even if it isn't a limited edition.

Thanks a lot for letting me know ! I was afraid that it would be too heavy (it seems to be a trend in expensive pens nowadays) which would be a pity as I plan to use regularly. I do look forward to test this in a couple of days :)