Hello From Michigan!

Shamanjp

I write a lot and amost always with a fountain pen. I have a variety of Pilot fountain pens, the latest being a justus 95. I also have a couple vintage pens in need of restoration. I've learned a lot reading these forums and thought it was finally time to introduce myself. Happy new year to everyone!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knarflj

• Shamanjp

• Wolverine1

• PAKMAN

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!! The Justus 95 is one of my favorites!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Greetings from northern California and a warm welcome to FPN. Glad you've joined us; it's great to have you here. :thumbup:

"Intolerance betrays want of faith in one's cause." - Gandhi -

Hi Shamanjp! Welcome aboard! Prepare to learn more about pens that you (or I) ever thought was possible!

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Hello and welcome to FPN! Where in MI are you?

Jenny (in Brighton)

"To read without also writing is to sleep." - St. Jerome

Welcome !

Please feel free to discuss your fountain pens. We want to know more about them and your use. Do you have a favorite ink color ?

Write with joy.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Hello from Paul in Bloomfield Twsp. I'm a Badger so we already had our bowl of fun last night.

Sometimes I think I can taste the colors of the ink through my eyes. That Emerald.....

First off I want to thank everyone for such a warm welcome! I hope 2016 brings wonderful things to all.

Hello and welcome to FPN! Where in MI are you?

Jenny (in Brighton)

Jenny i'm just south of you near Ann Arbor!

Welcome !

Please feel free to discuss your fountain pens. We want to know more about them and your use. Do you have a favorite ink color ?

Write with joy.

Thank you Sasha, as a fountain pen enthusiast I would love to!

For Christmas I received a Justus 95 with a barleycorn finish and a fine nib. So I've been enjoying that pen these past several days. I was surprised how well the nib adjustment works after having read it was a gimmick. The difference in line thickness even with no pressure applied is obvious on mine making it a very useful feature. Even without that feature it would be a very nice pen.

I also use my favorite Fountain pen duo an amber Pilot Custom 823 with a fine nib, and a Black 823 with a FA nib that I was able to order from Tokyo pen shop thanks to reading this forum. The fine is my workhorse, and the FA is my fun pen with its flexible nib. This is the one that see's all the fun colors, if I had to choose a favorite color it would have to be iroshizuku yama-budo, this week at least. I use more black ink than any other color though and that tends to be Noodlers black.

I also have 2 Pilot Falcon pens, one resin and one metal, both extra fine. These pens get a lot of use especially for writing small. I love their balance of stiff / flex making them very easy to write with, yet nice line variation in a small space.

I also have a Pilot custom 74 in extra fine. It's my carry around pen because I got it at a good price, it has good ink capacity, and it writes quite well.

Jenny i'm just south of you near Ann Arbor!

There are quite a few of us here from SE Michigan, and there are occasional get-togethers in Ann Arbor. If you're interested, keep an eye on the Clubs, Meetings, and Events forum.

Jenny

"To read without also writing is to sleep." - St. Jerome

Hello Shamanjp!!!! Where are you in A2? I am also a resident in the north-eastern part of town. Look at the Clubs?Meetings sub-forum, there will be posted a notice about the upcoming Ann Arbor Pen Posse meeting that we will have sometime soon, I will post the notice in the next few minutes. Hope to see you there.