The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Lamy 2000 Nib Sizes Comparison - Please Help!

lamy2000

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rodja

rodja

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 16:36

Hi all,

I am in the process of buying a Lamy 2000.

I am really going crazy about which nib size to pick. I don't know if I should go for an EF or an F.

I've looked at the Goulet nib nook tool but I really can't see any difference between 'EF','F','M'.

Can anybody be so kind to post some writing samples of Lamy 2000 with different nibs?

Thank you very much!

Edited by rodja, 30 December 2015 - 16:37.

Sponsored Content

#2 Uncial

Uncial

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,867 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2015 - 16:40

If you look very carefully at the Goulet pictures you should be able to see that the line of the EF is a hair thinner than the F and M (which to my eyes are completely indistinguishable). My biggest regret with the 2000 is not getting an EF.

#3 pollandakuma

pollandakuma

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 16:54

If you look very carefully at the Goulet pictures you should be able to see that the line of the EF is a hair thinner than the F and M (which to my eyes are completely indistinguishable). My biggest regret with the 2000 is not getting an EF.

What size do you have now?
Broke

#4 Noihvo

Noihvo

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2016 - 15:23

Have a look here: http://www.fountainp...y-2000-m-vs-ef/

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Are you looking for a custom bound book? Check out my Etsy page.

#5 Leftytoo

Leftytoo

Miner

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:03

Wow, glad to hear that. I owned a M and found it too wet and "fat". I made a gut decision to order an EF, and it looks like the right choise.
Bob
Pelikan 100; Parker Duofold; Sheaffer Balance; Eversharp Skyline; Aurora 88 Piston; Aurora 88 hooded; Kaweco Sport; Sailor Pro Gear

Eca de Queroiz: "Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently, and for the same reason."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy2000

Sponsored Content

|