The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Visconti Hs Midi Nib Compatibility

visconti homo sapiens midi nib compatibility

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 perth

perth

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2015 - 06:25

Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help me figure out whether my HS Steel Age Midi would be able to accept a gold nib. I have been looking for an EF nib for it after not really liking the M nib it came with, but couldn't really find one.

I have, however, found the 14/18K gold nibs in EF. I can't figure out, however, as to whether they'll fit my pen. (I can pull out then nib+feed by hand, if that helps clear things up)

http://www.penbox.co...ti.pen.nibs.htm

Sponsored Content

#2 Masque

Masque

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2016 - 19:21

This may be a silly thing, but I feel it must be said: Giving up their "Dreamtouch" nib for something else may dramatically change the writing experience. The not-quite-flex of the palladium nibs they use is a trampoline of delight compared to the golden railroad spikes of other pens.

Unfortunately in terms of sizing I cannot offer a direct answer to your question, but your nib will pull straight out of your pen for easy measurement. Exercise care and respect for the tines and the fins, grasping the top of the nib and the bottom of the feed, perhaps with a sheet of rubber or microfiber towel - something with which to give a bit better traction.

#3 PabloAU

PabloAU

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2016 - 20:47

The "small" 14k and 18k nibs on that page would likely fit. I'd suggest dropping Pen Box an email to confirm. They're only available in F/M/B from the source you've referenced, and AFAIK have been discontinued by Visconti so an EF may be hard to come by. If the gold nibs won't suit, it appears they stock suitable Pd nibs in EF.

Visconti's nibs are sold as a screw-in unit. Pulling the nib/feed from the sleeve may be an option (at your own risk of course) to work around compatibility with the 14k/18k units if necessary.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: visconti, homo sapiens, midi, nib, compatibility

Sponsored Content

|