The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

New Visconti Homo Sapiens

viscont homo sapiens power filler

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 gerigo

gerigo

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2015 - 00:55

Michael Jenks has a new modified Homo Sapiens he received from Dante Del Vecchio. I wonder whether he will bring it to regular production? I guess if we pester him enough, he might?!

Sponsored Content

#2 Mulrich

Mulrich

Modern Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:42

I really like my HS but I would gladly sell it to buy that one. I've been looking for a double reservoir Visconti but hadn't found one I like. This would be just about perfect.

#3 macaddicted

macaddicted

Collectors Item

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:17

A nice development. I'll stick with my Florentine Hills.

#4 mirosc

mirosc

I love the smell of ink in the morning

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:57

Nice idea with the double reservoir - Geha had developed something similar back in the 60s and 70s which I found to be very helpful in daily work.

Still I think that the HS only works with the bronze trims.

Greetings,
Michael

#5 Bogon07

Bogon07

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2016 - 22:05

I like the transparent ring but not the big ink window cut out on the barrel (makes me think of a Lamy Safari/Al-Star).

sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink

#6 rickygene

rickygene

Rare

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2016 - 02:07

I bought a Homo Sapiens last month (from Peters of Kensington here in Australia). Absolutely love the pen but an integrated ink view window-reservoir would be the icing on the cake. Like Bogon07 I don't think the ink window on the side of the barrel looks good nor is it necessary in my opinion.

Great to see Visconti continuing to innovate.

#7 DonLeone

DonLeone

Flexing heavily to the right

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:14

They should have done ink windows on the spots where the silver homo sapiens has rings on the barrel or at least make it like the ink window on the Lamy 2000.

Probably just me but seeing a nearly or 1/3 empty pen and having beads of ink visible like that makes me feel kind of sad. I like the TWSBI 580 because it takes a while to get that sad look and it doesn't last too long. It's why I opted not to get a vac 700.

If I saw the sadness in my HS, ... it would just be sad. Very thin, not too noticeable windows like lamy 2000 would be nicer. Not even have the ring with the HS writing on it, keep it all bronze/steel/silver and have very subtle ink windows that don't go all around but like the 2000 have small portions of ink window.

They could have done a divina proporzione ink window swirl, 2000-style that would look better than this.

>8[ This is a grumpy. Get it? Grumpy smiley? Huehue >8[ I tend to ramble and write wallotexts. I do that.

#8 notsimar

notsimar

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:26

I like this version, but agree, the barrel window is excessive. Might be more interesting to have three windows, like the three arches of the Ponte Vecchio.

Regards,

Simar

"Be the change you want to see in the world." -- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: viscont, homo sapiens, power filler

Sponsored Content

|