The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Polishing A Century Ii

cross century ii polishing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jcreilley

jcreilley

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 December 2015 - 23:09

Hello,

I have a friend who has been using a Cross Century II for about 9 years. There's a bunch of micro-scratchnig all along the pen from years of use and bouncing around in a pencil case. What is a good material(s) to use for polishing out most of those tiny scratches? I'd use regular metal polish, but I'm concerned about it taking the finish off. It's the all chrome Century II.

Thanks

Sponsored Content

#2 RMN

RMN

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,169 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 December 2015 - 23:15

Problem is that to get rid of scratches you have to use abrasives and you'll take away a little bit of plating.

For normal maintenance I would just take a sunshine cloth.

If you MUST get rid of the scratches, please have a look around the Repair Q&A forum, I'm sure there will be some topics there on this subject.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, KEEP INSIDE, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

#3 LWW

LWW

Half fast writer.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:02

MOTHERS metal polish used very sparingly with a microfiber towel and a Q-tip for removing the polish around the clip. Follow label instructions. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed ..."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cross, century ii, polishing

Sponsored Content

|