The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

New Wahl-Eversharp Decoband And Small Hands

wahl-eversharp decoband size weight

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 FOUR X FOUR

FOUR X FOUR

Antique

• Premium - Diamond

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2016 - 01:39

Maybe if I could understand that rubber isnt so bad, it would help me to see it differently

Sponsored Content

#22 mmg122

mmg122

Mary Garavaglia

• Member - Gold

• 1,749 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2016 - 02:14

Susan...I just received the Rosewood DecoBand last week. It is a large, oversize pen, but not unduly heavy. I'm a woman with fairly small hands (size 6 glove). I find the pen quite comfortable to write with and haven't noticed any fatigue although I don't usually write for prolonged periods. It is well balanced unposted, which is how I prefer it. I find my MB 149 more fatiguing. Hope this helps.

Mary

#23 jameswatts

jameswatts

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 21:55

Saw one of these at Papier Plume in New Orleans. About the length of my Conway-Stewart Churchill Combo, but a tad wider. The flexible nib is about as impressive, but the price tag is prohibitive for me.

#24 GHigley

GHigley

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2016 - 00:22

I picked up a Rosewood Decoband at the Ohio Pen Show last month. I don't get more line variation with the "Super Flex" nib than others show from the "Gold Flex" and am afraid to push it for fear of springing the nib. Does it flex - yes. Does it provide "Super Flex" - no. Sadly man has lost the ability, desire or technology nto produce truly flexible nibs. I wish the nib was finer to provide more line variation and to accommodate my smaller handwriting - it writes a medium with no pressure. You get no nib width options which is quite odd given the price of this pen, but at least the nib I got writes nicely. I am concerned about weight and size, but so far it's not a pen that I've used for long writing sessions. I really wish it had available in a normal (as the original Decoband) size for us non-gorillas. Beautiful pen and box and the filling system is unusual.

Edited by GHigley, 05 December 2016 - 03:37.

#25 sidthecat

sidthecat

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,998 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:50

I'll pass on some advice from my hand surgeon: a thicker pen is better.
If Syd made a ringtop, I'd be tempted.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wahl-eversharp, decoband, size, weight

Sponsored Content

|