Repair Center In Ft Worth Tx

Starguard

I am about to send in for repair a MB Slimline I bought used on Ebay a few months ago, this pen is the only Montblanc I own, does anyone have any thoughts on the quality of work they do there?

So space and time are linked together. As we are looking across space, we are looking back in time. The further and further away those stars are the further back in time you are looking. Now you are seeing a star that is say six thousand years ago. Imagine somebody at that star looking at us They would be seeing us as we were six thousand years ago. Which of those two is now? - Alan Parsons Project The Time Machine - Temporalia (Paraphrased)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starguard

• Mister Mont Blanc

• jar

• alexwong001

The quality of the work is second to none. However, their customer service and prices for repairs leave a lot to be desired.

Good luck!

If it is possible to take it to a boutique I would strongly recommend it. Personally, I would never again send anything directly to MB in Dallas.

If you are looking to have the pen serviced, taking it to a boutique will still result in the pen being sent to the Montblanc service center. I believe the difference is that you may not have to pay for the shipping charges by taking it to a boutique but you then must rely on the boutique for communication and receiving the pen back. I have always sent my pens directly to the Dallas, Texas service center and have had quick turnaround time. But I also do not live near a boutique.

On the other hand, the service I have received has not been consistent. For most services, I have had to send the pen back at least a second time for them to correct the original problem or a new problem created during the servicing. Many others have not experienced issues from the service center. I think it may just depend on what needs done and who does it.

What exactly do you need serviced on the pen?

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

They are a replace, not repair shop. If you have a pen they are used to working on then there are no problems for most people. If you have unusual issues or a less common pen, the service may be short of your expectations. They do make a sincere effort to rectify any issues and they do warranty their work. Overall, a good value for what they deliver.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

My last two pens were fixed on the first try. One had a broken part at the end of the section. The other had a very slow leak.

Turnaround time was 10 or 11 days. I sent the pens in myself and had no problems. I kept on top of the process with phone calls to ensure that they received them, to get the estimate, and to pay for the repairs.

P.S. The above pens were modern LeGrands.

For vintage pens I'd use a vintage pen restorer instead if you want to maintain the vintage-ness of the pens.

The OP has it right--the Service Center is in Fort Worth, not Dallas.

For vintage pens I'd use a vintage pen restorer instead if you want to maintain the vintage-ness of the pens.

I agree with Blade Runner. Mont Blanc does not repair or restore, they only replace. I particularly would not send them anything other than a current production pen--you would not want to lose a valuable nib or feed. Note that you can mail the pen to the Service Center, but you cannot deliver it there in person. Usually it is more convenient to take the pen to a boutique or an authorized dealer.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I am now in the midst of a nib exchange...

For a company that prides itself on the front-end (product design, quality of manufacture, etc.) they have much room for improvement on the back-end...

Mont Blanc, if you read this thread, I would make one suggestion... Avoid creating cognitive dissonance - ensure the process, the people, and the experience of dealing with service and repair focuses on exceeding the expectations of your customers... My experience, but for the women who has taken control of my request, pales in comparison to the interaction of others with whom I have worked...

Edited by mejdrich

Your ad here.

I called the nearest boutique I could find, Pen Paradise in Portland, Or, they wouldn't accept the pen and told me to ship it directly. It's an older Pen, and it's already on it's way. I'll update with results once I get it back. Wish me luck!

Edited by Katherines

So space and time are linked together. As we are looking across space, we are looking back in time. The further and further away those stars are the further back in time you are looking. Now you are seeing a star that is say six thousand years ago. Imagine somebody at that star looking at us They would be seeing us as we were six thousand years ago. Which of those two is now? - Alan Parsons Project The Time Machine - Temporalia (Paraphrased)

If you are looking to have the pen serviced, taking it to a boutique will still result in the pen being sent to the Montblanc service center. I believe the difference is that you may not have to pay for the shipping charges by taking it to a boutique but you then must rely on the boutique for communication and receiving the pen back. I have always sent my pens directly to the Dallas, Texas service center and have had quick turnaround time. But I also do not live near a boutique.

On the other hand, the service I have received has not been consistent. For most services, I have had to send the pen back at least a second time for them to correct the original problem or a new problem created during the servicing. Many others have not experienced issues from the service center. I think it may just depend on what needs done and who does it.

I seeps ink at the base of the nib where it goes into the section, the ink gets into the cap, then on the bottom of the pen if posted, and from there all over my hands! I've tried different inks, and cleaned the pen with no improvement.

The Texas Montblanc "repair" service is, in my experience, a blot on the reputation of an otherwise superb pen company. These people have destroyed nibs and feeds, substituted 14k for 18k nibs, failed to fix problems, sent back pens in an unusable condition, and demonstrated a complete lack of sensitivity to the nature of the fountain pen as a writing instrument. I love Montblanc fountain pens, and it saddens me to write these words--and I hope against hope that this and other plaints may persuade Montblanc to get off its corporate butt and address this state of affairs.

Over the years my experience with MB service has been generally fine. If they don't get it right at first, they have gotten it right in the end.

*Correction- I meant to type Fort Worth, Texas, not Dallas.

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

I just got back a 149 with a detached piston rod as well as numerous surface scratches and 3 months and $347 dollars later the pen came back looking new. Do understand that they will replace parts of your vintage Montblanc with new parts. In my case the ebonite feed was replaced with a current plastic feed while the original piston assembly with plastic threads was replaced with a brass unit.

Jose

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the latest sent the pen via UPS, they got it on Jan 5th, I called when I saw it had been signed for, and was told I'd probably hear back with an estimate sometime in the middle of the next week, I hadn't heard anything so I called again, spoke with a rep there today and the pen has been shipped to Germany for the repair/estimate! I was told shipping will take about 2 weeks depending on how long it takes to clear customs. I was also told the style of pen is a Fulhalter and the ID number is 110803. They also recommended a nib replacement, but I told them I was fine with the nib, it looks awful, but it works just fine. More updates as I get them!

Here's the latest sent the pen via UPS, they got it on Jan 5th, I called when I saw it had been signed for, and was told I'd probably hear back with an estimate sometime in the middle of the next week, I hadn't heard anything so I called again, spoke with a rep there today and the pen has been shipped to Germany for the repair/estimate! I was told shipping will take about 2 weeks depending on how long it takes to clear customs. I was also told the style of pen is a Fulhalter and the ID number is 110803. They also recommended a nib replacement, but I told them I was fine with the nib, it looks awful, but it works just fine. More updates as I get them!

Although this situation is more timely, I think it is better that it go to Germany instead of being worked on by the U.S. service center. I know there are certain rules and restrictions about what the U.S. service center can do and they are essentially like a "sub-branch" of Montblanc in Germany. So it's best that it go to the highest peak of the Montblanc chain :lticaptd:

I know the waiting and wondering is painful but I really hope that it will pay off in the end!

Although this situation is more timely, I think it is better that it go to Germany instead of being worked on by the U.S. service center. I know there are certain rules and restrictions about what the U.S. service center can do and they are essentially like a "sub-branch" of Montblanc in Germany. So it's best that it go to the highest peak of the Montblanc chain :lticaptd:

I know the waiting and wondering is painful but I really hope that it will pay off in the end!

I thought about it and I feel the same way, I'm told the pen is pretty old and they just didn't have the parts. The rep on the phone was surprised, I looked up "Fulhalter and it just means "Fountain Pen" in German. It's hard to wait, but I have other pens I can use in the mean time and I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Due to the open carry legislation in Texas, the service center is moving back to Bethlehem, Pennsylvania to reduce damage to barrels during gunplay on the factory floor.

Fred

Due to the open carry legislation in Texas, the service center is moving back to Bethlehem, Pennsylvania to reduce damage to barrels during gunplay on the factory floor.

Fred

tee hee hee

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang