The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Flex Help.

flex help flexnib pilot desiderata

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Meltemi

Meltemi

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 December 2015 - 13:19

That would be way out of my budget. Besides, the 912FA nib is known for being more flexible.

I like flowers, mother of pearl, dip nibs, blue, green or red inks. I also like flowers, Frida Kahlo's paintings and Josephine Baker's songs. Did I mention flowers and mother of pearl?

Sponsored Content

#22 KBeezie

KBeezie

Gerbil Charmer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,553 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 December 2015 - 18:07

That would be way out of my budget. Besides, the 912FA nib is known for being more flexible.

The 823 is a #15 nib, whereas the 912 is a #10. I would think the smaller physical sized one wouldn't have as much 'give' if both are made the same, just in different physical size. (PS: Where are you reading that the FA on a 912 is 'more' flexible than on another pen?)

#23 Tootles

Tootles

Donor Pen

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 19:33

It has cropped up on a couple of reviews.   The size difference between the #15 and the #10 doesn't seem to be large enough to make much difference in its handling properties though. Could be wrong.

#24 Meltemi

Meltemi

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 December 2015 - 06:46

From various sources I have read that the 912 is the best modern pen with a flexible nib and I believe it was this forum and not a blog that I read that, I am not sure.

I like flowers, mother of pearl, dip nibs, blue, green or red inks. I also like flowers, Frida Kahlo's paintings and Josephine Baker's songs. Did I mention flowers and mother of pearl?

#25 KBeezie

KBeezie

Gerbil Charmer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,553 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 December 2015 - 19:09

From various sources I have read that the 912 is the best modern pen with a flexible nib and I believe it was this forum and not a blog that I read that, I am not sure.

Doesn't seem to be enough to dictate that a #10 FA nib would be better than a #15 FA nib outside of price.

Also just a disclaimer, I don't really consider an FA to be 'flexible', it has less resistance to pressure than the Falcon nibs (as in the Falcon/Elabo pens), but by comparison it's kind of mushy in terms of returning to it's unflexed state compared to some of the vintage flex/semi-flex nibs. But a real nice nib if you got a light hand and don't like that nail-like stopping when you're doing some writing or like that little bit of 2x flair in the writing. But that's just my opinion, especially as I don't like to press as hard as some people show off with those pens/nibs.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flex, help, flexnib, pilot, desiderata

Sponsored Content

|