1. Glass cartridge - long (65mm)
2. Glass cartridge - medium (52mm)
3. C/F cartridge (also used with Watermina pens)
or another style (also used with Watermina pens)
4. C/F converter - side bar (also used with Watermina pens)(Waterman part # 89508/89598)
5. Side bar converter (some were fixed)
6. Jifmatic lever converter (some were fixed)
7. Large Size Standard cartridge (polyethylene) - 72mm
8. International short cartridge (polyethylene) - 42mm
9. Plunger converter - all plastic (my sample was damaged in the post)
10. Plunger converter - metal/plastic (Waterman Part # 56002) Ref Note 2.
11. Screw-piston converter - grooved collar, nylon piston with integral seal. Ref Note 2.
12. Screw-piston converter - plain collar, black plastic piston, red silicone O seal.
13. Screw-piston converter - grooved collar, black plastic piston red silicone O seal. Ref Note 2.
Special to the Edson Emerald. Ref Note 2.
Special to the Edson Ruby. Ref Note 2.
Special to the Edson Sapphire (This is the 2014 onward version. The earlier version will have a grooved ring)
14. Screw-piston converter - spiral collar, black plastic piston, black O seal. Ref Note 2.
15. Screw-piston converter - all black plastic mouth
16. No 23 cartridge (for No 88 pen ??) Possibly termed 'Maxima' which was introduced by JiF-Waterman in 1963.
17. Flash converter 1 - side bar
18. Flash converter 2 - side bar
19. CF Converter - side bar with bar towards the tail end of the body. Sorry about the poor picture, it was lifted from a CF web sale. (also used with Watermina pens)
20. 300 Squeeze Bar - a single piece of steel wrapping around the sac. Instructions printer thereon state, WATERMAN MADE IN ENGLAND. TO FILL PRESS RIBBED BAR 6 TIMES. AFTER FILLING LEAVE IMMERSED IN INK FOR 10 SECONDS.
1. Some of these have a ribbed mouth piece, but they are NOT screw-lock converters like the Schmidt K6
2. Some converters have a threaded or grooved collar. It is not a screw thread but a feature, creating surface roughness, to aid retention inside plastic sections. To my knowledge ALL Waterman converters are a push fit into sections.