Antique Sheaffer Display Cabinet

von Fraker

I stopped by an antique store that is going out of business and found a Sheaffer Antique display cabinet. (photo of cabinet still in the store) I was able to negotiate a final price of $60.00. It has a few minor issues but nothing big. It has the original finish, the logo on the front is in great condition, no cracks, good glass, and has the back door with the original mirror.

It is missing the top tray (pictured in the photo I have attached that I found on line) and the bottom door knob and latching mechanism.

I am searching for someone who may have one of these as well that wouldn't mind sharing some information on these missing items. I am looking for detailed photos etc...

I think I'll just keep the original finish even though the odd in me wants it to look new as it did in the early 1900s. LOL.

I am looking forward to putting in back together and filling it up with a few Sheaffers.

post-74827-0-42302300-1450320391_thumb.jpg

post-74827-0-28093900-1450320404.jpg

post-74827-0-48622400-1450320416.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• von Fraker

• Roger W.

• Shaporama

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yours looks like the wider model that held more pens. I think these would be harder to find as I have two of the other that you've pictured. $60 is a steal! Your feet look like the one in the 1921 catalog and it does show a top tray which would make it a 16 dozen case.

Roger W.

http://www.sheafferflattops.com/images/16%20dozencase.jpg

Thank you for the information Roger and the catalog photo of the case.

The back drop down door on mine is currently out. It came apart at the joints but the guy at the shop was thoughtful enough to save it. It should be an easy fix. Reinstalling it looks to be that it feeds back up through the bottom and once it is in the top latched position, some sort of "keepers" go into the side rails. However, I have know idea what they are technically called or what they look like.

I imagine it would have the same hardware on the different sized cases. What does your have?

I can take some photos tonight of what I am refering to.

Thanks again.

Rob

Very nice find Rob. I have been trying for several years to get an antique dealer near me to part with his Sheaffer display case (he's filled it with jewelry, not pens), but no go (so far). There is a antique dealer in Adamstown, PA who has a number of display cases, mostly by Parker - they generally smaller than yours and are mostly priced in the $500 range, so I would say that you got a very good deal!