The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

The Best Oblique Pen Holders?

wooden market flange

10 replies to this topic

#1 MidnightInk

MidnightInk

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2015 - 01:37

Hey guys!  After seeing just how extreme nib sizes can be, I was curious if there was a "silver bullet" of oblique pen holders.  In other words, is there any oblique pen holder out there that will fit most nibs?  Thanks! 

Sponsored Content

#2 Randal6393

Randal6393

Love italic handwriting.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2015 - 01:46

Yes, the Addison Blackwell holder. Can be purchased in wood handle or plastic at John Neals Bookseller, <www.johnnealbooks.com>. I have one, it will take from crowquill to giant-sized nibs. Well worth the money.

Enjoy,

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?

#3 MidnightInk

MidnightInk

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2015 - 01:52

Hmm, I couldn't seem to find it on their site.  Mind providing a link? 

#4 alaskazimm

alaskazimm

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:14

It's on the bottom of the first page of oblique nib holders, just under the listing for the pliers.

#5 LuMA

LuMA

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:37

http://www.johnnealbooks.com/prod_detail_list/s?keyword=h50+blackwell

letterji9.png

#6 MidnightInk

MidnightInk

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:44

Thanks everybody!  I really appreciate it.  Are there any more suggestions?  Design is super important to me and although the Blackwell isn't ugly, I don't exactly love it.  Thanks again! 

#7 Tootles

Tootles

Donor Pen

• Away
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:07

The Hourglass adjustable oblique from Paper & Ink Arts (HERE) takes a wide range of nibs.  Read the reviews on the site by some of the big hitters in the calligraphy world. However, there are some very large nibs out there that will not fit any available oblique holder wiithout the tip going beyond the centre line. Of course, one can use a pen like that, but it is not ideal. Perhaps these huge nibs were made when most people were still using straight holders? Something to consider.

#8 MidnightInk

MidnightInk

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:24

Thank you!  This is exactly what I was looking for!  As soon as it's back in stock I'll make the purchase.  Can't wait!

#9 Tootles

Tootles

Donor Pen

• Away
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:38

Don't wait for stock.  Put the order in now. They will let you know when it is in stock and you will be on the list to receive one.  That's what EoC did. Worked!

/only a satisfied customer and all that disclaimer stuff/

#10 inkeverywhere

inkeverywhere

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:50

John Neal Bookseller and Paper & Ink Arts, great range of equipment, beautiful oblique pen holders but just try and get them to respond to your emails.

Perhaps posting to Australia is too scary a proposition for them.

Good luck sourcing anything from these businesses.

Greg

"may our fingers remain ink stained"

Handwriting - one of life's pure pleasures

#11 MidnightInk

MidnightInk

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 December 2015 - 04:11

Don't wait for stock.  Put the order in now. They will let you know when it is in stock and you will be on the list to receive one.  That's what EoC did. Worked!

/only a satisfied customer and all that disclaimer stuff/

It's on the way now!  :)

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wooden, market, flange

Sponsored Content

|