The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Seeking Groups In Neohio

ohio group club

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 deannasjoy

deannasjoy

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2015 - 14:14

Hello everyone. Forgive me if this is already posted somewhere else, or is searchable somewhere. I can't find info on groups by location.

Are there groups in NEO? Specifically, Akron or Cleveland areas?

I am looking for a place to meet people who can show us how to care for pens, and who want to show off their collections. I need more than YouTube, and we missed the Ohio Pen Show.

TIA for any help.
~Deanna~

Sponsored Content

#2 Fozziebear

Fozziebear

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:45

Metro-CLE. East side. I'm in. This is a fairly populated area - we should be able to find some folks for a Pen Posse of sorts.

(I hope.)

Cheers.

My ink-swap post(s) become out of date eventually.  My signature is always current.  If you want to swap some ink, here's what I have:  Diamine:  Ancient Copper, Oxblood, Poppy Red, Red Dragon, Sherwood Green; Iroshizuku: Kon-peki, Ku-jaku, Take-sumi; Noodlers:  54th Mass, BSB, Purple Martin, X-Feather, Widow Maker; Private Reserve: Blue Suede.  I'm partial to highly saturated inks, but am open to suggestions. PM if interested.

#3 cherylmarie

cherylmarie

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:56

Sounds like fun!  I'm right between Cleveland and Akron.  I spent an afternoon at the recent Columbus Pen Show, it was overwhelming! It would be nice to meet some other collectors and share our treasures.  I've been collecting for less than a year, and usually check this site every day.

#4 Fozziebear

Fozziebear

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:09

Awesome.

No fountain pen groups on meetup in the area. Might need to change that soon.

@deannasjoy, thanks for starting this thread! I'd be happy to help out setting up stuff as time allows, but have never undertaken such a project. What suggestions do others have for how to start a fountain pen club?

Cheers.

My ink-swap post(s) become out of date eventually.  My signature is always current.  If you want to swap some ink, here's what I have:  Diamine:  Ancient Copper, Oxblood, Poppy Red, Red Dragon, Sherwood Green; Iroshizuku: Kon-peki, Ku-jaku, Take-sumi; Noodlers:  54th Mass, BSB, Purple Martin, X-Feather, Widow Maker; Private Reserve: Blue Suede.  I'm partial to highly saturated inks, but am open to suggestions. PM if interested.

#5 Ashram

Ashram

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 December 2015 - 07:00

I am a co-organizer of the Triangle Pen Club in NC but am originally from the Cleveland area.  I'll be in town for a couple of weeks for Christmas and would be happy to meet with anyone interested in forming a club.  We currently have around 80 members and typically 20 or so attend our monthly meetings.  While my knowledge is far from exhaustive, I could give you some advice on what worked for us and how we function as a group.  Let me know.  My schedule will be hectic but I'm sure I can find time.

Edited by Ashram, 20 December 2015 - 02:59.

Bftqofd.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ohio, group, club

Sponsored Content

|