The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

My Question: How To Pronounce Baoer?

baoer pronounce how to

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Flounder

Flounder

Forum Moderate

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 18:19

As Americans we mispronounce almost everything, e.g., Notre Dame, the Celtics, Volkwagen, Faber Castell. (Yet to avoid embarrassment we wisely do not even attempt the names of J Herbin inks.) So to answer the original question, we usually pronounce Baoer as 'bore' or as 'bare', either mangled pronounciation will do just fine, thank you.

I know of one auction site that lists Faber Vastell as "Fabakasuteru", I imagine it's a fairly universal phenomenon!

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

Sponsored Content

#22 hankosaurus

hankosaurus

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:58

Hi Folks.

I think I asked the same question several years ago someplace here on FPN.  And I came to the conclusion that Baoer rhymes with Power or Flower.  The break between the syllables is new to me, though.  I guess I will have to incorporate that.

:)

Henry

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: baoer, pronounce, how to

Sponsored Content

|