Anyone Ordered From Conid Before? A Little Concerned

aquoro

I ordered and paid for a pen from conidpen.com 3 days ago and have not received any sort of confirmation or communication. The credit card has been charged and everything, and I've got nothing to show for it but a robo-email from paypal. I've also sent an e-mail to Werner with no response.

I know it's a small business and they're probably swamped with the holiday season, but for such a pricey pen, I'd just like to know that they actually got my money and order! Anyone else have any experience with them? Is this wait normal?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aquoro

• sharonspens

• Brettman

• Glenn Atkins

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never heard of that store, but you mentioned paypal.

Leave your worries aside. If the seller can't provide proof that he sent you what you purchased, you can get your money back from paypal. Proofs are tracking numbers, confirmation deliveries, weight of the parcel, size of the parcel, etc.

For example, you can't purchase a washing machine and for the box incoming to be the size of a shoe box with the weight of an apple. Everything has to make sense.

Hopefully I make sense myself. Haha.

EDIT: I see they have a listed contact number. Call them, that is why the number is there. :D

Edited by Peppers

I have dreamt of the day where I am holding a Waterman Carene. Sigh... seems too distant I can only see the fog far away.

I had the same concern when I ordered my Conid. It took maybe a week to get a response, but I did hear from Werner. I'm sure everything is fine. He will let you know when they will start making your pen and an estimated ship date. His estimate was spot on and I now have my Conid safely in my hands.

Susan

I can't stop buying pens and it scares me.

I had the same concern when I ordered my Conid. It took maybe a week to get a response, but I did hear from Werner. I'm sure everything is fine. He will let you know when they will start making your pen and an estimated ship date. His estimate was spot on and I now have my Conid safely in my hands.

Susan

Thanks Susan! This is exactly what I was hoping for.

I have a matte black, clipless Minimalistica currently en route. It took several days for me to hear from Werner; I got the impression that he responds to new orders over weekends. As many have said, they're swamped.

My order was placed November 16, and my first email from Werner was on the 21st. It was shipped December 9. When it is processed, you will receive confirmations, status updates, and even a photo of your pen and writing sample; see attached.

post-28730-0-84180800-1449867339_thumb.jpg

Werner is an honest wonderful man, from our conversations over the last week, he is swamped with work....

This is pretty much what I expected, but I thought I might as well get you guys' experience as well! Thanks everyone for the input, it definitely puts my mind at ease. I wasn't really worried about the honesty of the business, just the reliability of technology, mostly :)

Wait, why in the picture two posts up is that innocent coined being attacked by a sneaky, vicious flying nib? Is it jealousy? Bitterness? We want to know!

R.

• 2 weeks later...

Conid is a trustworthy company. But the pens are only a side business and Werner is sometimes so busy he does not get around to answering his mail.

The new FPN limited Edition pen is made by Conid.

AFAIK Conid makes the pen on order, and they have been busy with the FPN-LE.

Things will work out properly for you.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Werner is a completely trustworthy person. Having said that, I think it is totally unrealistic on your part to expect a response in 3 days or less. They are a small company, it is the holiday season, and they have things to do like manufacture the pens and ship them out, without having to waste a person's time holding your hand and resassuring you.

Werner is a completely trustworthy person. Having said that, I think it is totally unrealistic on your part to expect a response in 3 days or less. They are a small company, it is the holiday season, and they have things to do like manufacture the pens and ship them out, without having to waste a person's time holding your hand and resassuring you.

I was mostly confused by the process - when ordering from the site it takes you directly to a paypal payment page. I paid the money right away. However, apparently I'm supposed to receive an e-mail invoice BEFORE paying. Because I did not follow this procedure I was worried that my payment might get lost since it was not through the normal invoice process. I apologize if I came across as rude, my English is not the best!

I was mostly confused by the process - when ordering from the site it takes you directly to a paypal payment page. I paid the money right away. However, apparently I'm supposed to receive an e-mail invoice BEFORE paying. Because I did not follow this procedure I was worried that my payment might get lost since it was not through the normal invoice process. I apologize if I came across as rude, my English is not the best!

You were not rude at all. Your question and concern made perfect sense. It is not unreasonable to check on the process with people who probably know the answer (which they did!).

Now you just have to practice patience until the big day arrives!

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i have several times ordered from Conid, there is no reason to worry.

Beside the holliday season, remember that Werner runs a machine-shop, and that the Conid-part is not the main bussines. It might take some days, but you will get an answer, and intermediate updates to your order till it is shipped.

I can no longer edit the initial post, but I paid on Dec 8 and received a response Dec 23, so thank you to all who have let me know about similar experiences! Holiday times are certainly crazy

That is great news.

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

I had a similar experience. Their ordering process needs a ton of streamlining - I received multiple copies of form emails, was asked questions regarding nib grinding that I'd provided information on within the original order, that sort of thing. Most emails I sent during the process took time to be returned, and a few times I resent to gain a response. Whilst waiting for the pen I had to change the address, firstly from my PO box to my workplace because it is courier delivery, then a second time to change to home address due to the long wait and Christmas holidays approaching. Despite these being noted down the pen was eventually posted using the first address of all, to the PO box! I ended up calling the courier company to have it diverted, no mean task given that DHL don't deliver within my area and they use a contractor instead, requiring me to track them down too..

At the end of the day however the pen is beautiful and I am glad I bought it, however their small company suffers from workload and workflow issues. The delay in manufacture was expected and is of course fine, no problems, and even a short delay for emails as they are so busy, but I just felt like if I didn't repeatedly bother them (which I hate!) I'd be overlooked. Since the pen arrived I've emailed to query concerns regarding the high and inconsistent ink flow, but no response. I really need some advice on it still though as it's so wet that I'm barely using it. I'd requested regrind to EF and said I prefer superfine nibs, like Japanese EF, but it's still wider than I'd prefer; this in itself I can live with, but then coupled with the super wetness it's just too much.

Perhaps I'll make a post here for advice on the nib & flow.. :(

(edited for typos & clarity - not used to working from my new standing desk!)

Edited by Hypocaffeinic

Conid R DCB DB FT Ti & Montblanc 146 stub nib | Lamy 2000; Vista | Montblanc 90th Anni Legrand | Pelikan M800 Burnt Orange; M805 Stresemann | Pilot Prera; VP Guilloche | Visconti Fiorenza Lava LE; Homo Sapiens Bronze