The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Duke, Silver Rings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 c.captn

c.captn

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 19:29

The Duke Silver Rings is a very attractive deep black acrylic with silver clip and appointments. The filigree on the center ring is a nice touch, adding some elegance without being feminine. The pen is of good size, 6 1/4 posted and weighs in at about 46.5 grams, due to the brass structure. It is a very classic looking piece. I find it very well balanced.

The steel medium nib is very smooth and true, and despite the pens weight is easy to write with at length. The only negative observed is that you must securely post the somewhat heavy cap, or it will fall off. Once that learning curve is done the pen is delight to own.

At $35.00 it is in my opinion a very good value. I have searched for a few days for another without success. It's brother, the Golden Rings is still available, and believe me I am tempted.

I own a couple of Dukes now, and am highly impressed with their quality.

Craig Burnett

Sponsored Content

#2 Maja

Maja

Fan of colourful pens

• FPN Hon. Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,415 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 April 2007 - 07:41

QUOTE(c.captn @ Apr 20 2007, 12:29 PM) View Post
The Duke Silver Rings is a very attractive deep black acrylic with silver clip and appointments. The filigree on the center ring is a nice touch, adding some elegance without being feminine. The pen is of good size, 6 1/4 posted and weighs in at about 46.5 grams, due to the brass structure. It is a very classic looking piece. I find it very well balanced.

The steel medium nib is very smooth and true, and despite the pens weight is easy to write with at length. The only negative observed is that you must securely post the somewhat heavy cap, or it will fall off. Once that learning curve is done the pen is delight to own.

At $35.00 it is in my opinion a very good value. I have searched for a few days for another without success. It's brother, the Golden Rings is still available, and believe me I am tempted.

I own a couple of Dukes now, and am highly impressed with their quality.

Craig Burnett

Thanks for the review, Craig! It's nice to get a variety of pen brands reviewed here on FPN. smile.gif
I have one Duke pen, a "Mini Torpedo", and was very impressed with the quality of the nib. The cap has a bit of trouble staying on when posted, but it's a gorgeous smaller pen...

Vancouver (B.C) Pen Club (our website)

#3 ViolinWriter

ViolinWriter

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:48

Thanks so much for the review. I also enjoy my Duke pens and remain impressed by the quality of the nibs, the construction and balance of the pens while writing.

Could you please post pictures? Or if you did post some and the hiccups I'm experiencing on the site are making them disappear for me, could you let me know that too, perhaps via PM?
Elizabeth

Spring and love arrived on a bird's sweet song. "How does that little box sound like birds and laughter?" I asked the gypsy violinist. He leaned back, pointing to his violin. "Look inside, you'll see the birdies sing to me" soft laughter in his voice. "I hear them, I can almost see them!", I shouted as his bow danced on the strings. "Ah yes" he said, "your heart is a violin." Shony Alex Braun

As it began for Shony, it began for me. My heart -- My violin

Sponsored Content

|