The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sailor Kobe # 26 Wadamisaki Blue

sailor nagasawa-kobe

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:19

QslPHK.jpg

Kobe (神戸市 Kōbe-shi) is the sixth-largest city in Japan and is the capital city of Hyōgo Prefecture. It is located on the southern side of the main island of Honshū, on the north shore of Osaka Bayand about 30 km (19 mi) west of Osaka. With a population around 1.5 million, the city is part of the Kyoto-Osaka-Kobe metropolitan area along with Osaka and Kyoto. Its name comes from "kanbe" (神戸), an archaic title for supporters of the city's Ikuta Shrine. Kobe became one of Japan's 17 designated cities in 1956.

Kobe is famous for its shirines and nioce architecture but among fountain pen and ink afficionados the name Kobe cause increased heart-rate. The city is a home of Nagasawa-Kobe stationery shop that offers incredible lione of more than fifty inks made by Sailor.

dtzhVS.jpg

https://kobe-nagasawa.co.jp/

My master - plan is to prepare comparison of full line of Nagasawa-Kobe inks. Not an easy task as they're not the most obtainable inks on the market, but hopefully I'll manage to do it                                             :)

At the moment Nagasawa-Kobe offers 52 inks:

Wadamisaki Blue isn't bad. It wouldn't be my first choice but it looks fresh on the page.

l6a0m7.jpg

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

aq8e2z.jpg

Software ID

8tHz38.jpg

XQkB2d.jpg

Tomoe River, Kaweco Sport Classic, B

PMS6Hd.jpg

Iaw0Y2.jpg

hlwT2P.jpg

Leuchtturm1917, Kaweco Sport Classic, B

76oZ4q.jpg

GTP4Mc.jpg

srt7dq.jpg

Oxford, Hero 5028, stub 1,9

H6EPXj.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Lgsoltek

Lgsoltek

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,457 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:24

Looks nice.

Only one more to go!!!  :wub:

#3 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:42

Yes,

Motomachi Rouge. It's ready but I'm not fully satiosfied with the photos quality, the color on them seem oversaturated. 

I guess I'll post it anyway and during weekend I'll try to make some new photos.

#4 Lgsoltek

Lgsoltek

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,457 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:03

Yes,

Motomachi Rouge. It's ready but I'm not fully satiosfied with the photos quality, the color on them seem oversaturated. 

I guess I'll post it anyway and during weekend I'll try to make some new photos.

You are my hero, Vis! Review of a line of 50+ inks, that's unbelievable! I wouldn't have the patience nor the thoroughness to do that.

Are you going to tackle the whole Diamine line next?  :D

#5 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:50

Well, I'm not biggest Diamine fan so it won't happen :) I have Blackstone inks reviews ready as well as Diamine Shimmertastic inks (that, honestly speaking, I dislike). And then maybe I'll take some holidays or maybe I'll explore another vials with ink samples :) Time will tell.

#6 Algester

Algester

(´Д⊂ヽ

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,787 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 December 2015 - 14:26

I just hope I can finally have means to acquire such inks... Y_Y Kobe Nagasawa does ship internationally...

#7 gmax

gmax

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 December 2015 - 20:59

This one looks close to ama iro on my screen.

Vis, please don't go into retirement without reviewing Omas Violet  :)

Edited by gmax, 09 December 2015 - 20:59.

#8 saskia_madding

saskia_madding

Donor Pen

• FPN Super Moderators

• 3,346 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 December 2015 - 18:47

I love this ink.  It's incredible in a wide nib, and it mixes with other inks amazingly.  :D

#9 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,471 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 December 2015 - 03:47

Wow.  That is BRIGHT....

Hmmm.  I don't normally go for this shade, but I've been thinking about what inks would be a good substitute for vintage Skrip Peacock so I've been looking at reviews and scans of bright turquoise blues.

Thanks for doing all this work.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#10 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• 3,286 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 December 2015 - 04:17

Another great review! Thank you for such dedication. We all rely on your opinion.

Question for you regarding your Callifolio reviews. You noted the gold sheen in Violet, but did you notice gold sheen in Grenat? Or the red sheen in Teodora? I picked up a bunch of Callifolio inks, and am noticing that many of them have wonderful sheen. Did you see that, or have I acquired some new formulations?

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

#11 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:32

@gmax - we have a deal :) I'll post Omas Violet review on Sunday :)

#12 gmax

gmax

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 December 2015 - 17:51

Fantastic - thank you  :) You're an hour ahead, so I'll get up early for the occasion   :thumbup:

#13 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,587 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 December 2015 - 04:07

Thanks for doing these great reviews.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

#14 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,773 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2015 - 03:30

Well, I'm not biggest Diamine fan so it won't happen :) I have Blackstone inks reviews ready as well as Diamine Shimmertastic inks (that, honestly speaking, I dislike). And then maybe I'll take some holidays or maybe I'll explore another vials with ink samples :) Time will tell.

I request you to please do diamine also.. Even if u don't like them

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

architect & fountain pen connoisseur 

blog | instagram | twitter

#15 kunju123

kunju123

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:31

I like this colour blue- have ordered a sample. It does look close to Ama Iro, which is one if my favourites...

I visited Kobe a number of years ago (but not Nagasawa Pen den), I have to say this colour does remind me of the wide open Kobe sea and sky.

Kobe is a really beautiful port city and just 30mins or so on the Shinkansen from Kyoto and 50mins to Osaka airport if I remember correctly, so very easy to reach if you wanted to fly in and visit, and shop!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sailor, nagasawa-kobe

Sponsored Content

|