Hello, We Are Venvstas

VENVSTAS

We're ATELIER VENVSTAS PARIS

As this is the hello part, I would like to introduce myself, and our brand, and let's say our official corner in this community.

We would like to post here news and information regarding our products.

My name is Lucio Rossi, and the main person behind ATELIER VENVSTAS PARIS.

I'm the designer of all the pens and things you see in our website.

Not only the designer but the person who has also engineered them.

I'm a designer, or more precisely an architect (that's why it's Venvstas, it's because of the Vitrubian triad, Vtilitas, Firmitas, Venvstas),

You can check some of my work as an architect and designer here, in the office web site:

www.utopos75.com

I started Venvstas first in Germany, while living in Paris, that's why some models have German names, Schreiber, Schreibmeiser and Carbonmeister. Eventually I moved back the idea to France.

Venvstas is about design and in this small expression, the fountain pen.

We expect to make not only a bunch of very nice pens, we're committed to make very good designs, the best from my time, fountain pens that are coming from today and projecting to tomorrow, I personally think that there are many new pen makers out there, I know them all, from the smallest to the biggest and I still think that there's not so many new things to see from most of them,

Fountain pens are booming again, but in a sort of repetitive way, I think repetition and imitation is boring.

We have different models, all made in France, in Paris, now up to 12, most models have different variants so they're something like 17 different pens and growing, as soon we'll be introducing more, specially the upper ones that are mostly pull fillers, a system I personally love.

Closer into the future we'll be introducing more pens in the upper segment that are mostly pull fillers, ranging from 1.6ml to 4ml. I think it's enough ink capacity....

When thinking on a filling system, I was surprised to see that pull fillers have been totally overlooked for years. We also have variations on them; The system is easy to clean, to maintain, quick to fill, I look at my old Tintenkuli piston filler and the displacement of most piston fillers it's the same as a pull filler. It took me quite a while to know that it was first introduced in 1893......still I think it's the best way for filling a fountain pen. I found Mr; Binder says that too...My everyday pen now is a Venvstas that's using a variation of that system;

Nevertheless I got here and I made an account. I've been reading a few posts that are in the site, I expect to see more over time, I'm always happy to discuss about pens, ideas, filling systems, brands, nibs, materials and so on. Also design, architecture, music and art.

My approach is that we do not want consumers. We want customer, so to us, our relation to them is different. I don't believe in marketing, corporatism, companies in the way are today, I see things are changing, the relationship can now with technology be closer to the client, and I think I'm the only designer that ever attempted to make a pen company, so things are different. I don't believe in doing what I think people want, I believe in doing designs, as everything can be recreated, changed, updated, so fountain pens.

After thinking a lot if I should or not get into kickstarter, I decided to just jump on it. I thought that it was not a good idea as we could be locked into the “kickstarter pen” sector. I think in kickstarter there are some nice pens, but mostly is the same one. This is a turned aluminum block with a Bock or Schmidt nib. Looks that they were done just to make quick money, (really I think they are so, except one of them the rest, they can only make sales thrugh kickstarter, but they won't make it throughout) and we don't want that. I have limited the sales in the platform, I have a roof, and that's it. There's a limited amount of Carbon Vs for that and at that price, as I'm not intrested in doing something that will be just éphémère.

We don't want to sell a lot via kickstarter, we just want to start. And for that, I think is good, its what is needed.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1082267836/carbon-v-fountain-pen

I shall make a post entirely on the Carbon V.

We use Bock nibs for some models, but our nibs are mostly Jowo. I like them. I understood that kickstarter may open some doors in the new way of selling things now, as for instance in Paris, pen shops, you can count them with the fingers of one hand. So in NY. The commerce is online, purchasing decisions are based on reviews or photos. There are big online retailers now who have a big influence on communities like this one, so, we are still a microscopic company but we want one day to see our Carbon T to make the Lamy CP1 to be less less popular. To start to see this objects to cost what they really should!!!!. I don't like to pay 25 euro for an abs pen......To make the discussion on design in pens, something broader than just a nib, a clip and the color of the barrel. To see a carbon fiber pen not to cost 900 euro, and so on. I also don't understand why very few have contacted our mails to just ask who we're. You'll find an answer.

Well, I've talked enough, you can check our campaign, is limited as I said. You're very much welcome.

and also, and more important, our site.

www.venvstas.com

contact@venvstas.com

you can also rearch us in facebook and twitter, all the info is in the site.

I'm looking forward to know from you in the future, while presenting something in a pen show, in Paris, when we get to open a small showroom, or here, in the net, who knows.

Merci!

post-126250-0-27908500-1449516416_thumb.jpg

post-126250-0-46137500-1449516464_thumb.jpg

post-126250-0-24902100-1449516479_thumb.jpg

post-126250-0-74845600-1449516491_thumb.jpg

post-126250-0-24521800-1449516505_thumb.jpg

VENVSTAS ITALY

www.venvstas.com

info@venvstas.com

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VENVSTAS

• notVirtuThe3rd

• Wahl

• northstar

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

The ability to promote your business is somewhat limited under the regular member rules, please consider a premium membership which will give you much more latitude.

Again welcome!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Bienvenu sur FPN.

Il me faut illuminer ce que vous avez écrit.

When thinking on a filling system, I was surprised to see that pull fillers have been totally overlooked for years. We also have variations on them; The system is easy to clean, to maintain, quick to fill, I look at my old Tintenkuli piston filler and the displacement of most piston fillers it's the same as a pull filler. It took me quite a while to know that it was first introduced in 1893......still I think it's the best way for filling a fountain pen. I found Mr; Binder says that too...My everyday pen now is a Venvstas that's using a variation of that system;

Quelques gens ont interprété ceci à dire que le stylo quotidien de M. Binder est un Venvstas. Cela n'est pas ce que vous avez voulu dire; vous avez voulu dire que M. Binder pense que le système pour charger à piston plongeur est le meilleur système de remplissage et que votre stylo quotidien est un Venvstas qui utilise une variante de ce système.
(Some people have interpreted this to say that Mr Binder's everyday pen is a Venvstas. That is not what you meant to say; you meant to say that Mr Binder thinks that the pull filler is the best filling system and that your everyday pen is a Venvstas that uses a variation of that system.)

sig.jpg.2d63a57b2eed52a0310c0428310c3731.jpg

Bienvenu sur FPN.

Il me faut illuminer ce que vous avez écrit.

Quelques gens ont interprété ceci à dire que le stylo quotidien de M. Binder est un Venvstas. Cela n'est pas ce que vous avez voulu dire; vous avez voulu dire que M. Binder pense que le système pour charger à piston plongeur est le meilleur système de remplissage et que votre stylo quotidien est un Venvstas qui utilise une variante de ce système.
(Some people have interpreted this to say that Mr Binder's everyday pen is a Venvstas. That is not what you meant to say; you meant to say that Mr Binder thinks that the pull filler is the best filling system and that your everyday pen is a Venvstas that uses a variation of that system.)

Effectivement, on va iluminer la question, la personne qui l’utilise quotidiennement, c'est moi, M. Rossi, designer des stylo plumes Venvstas, pas M. Binder!

Au plaisir de faire votre connaissance, Mr. Binder, j'ai beaucoup lu votre site, je pense c'est le plus complète.

Merci!

Yes, that's right Mr. Binder, I meant that you said in your site how convenient the system is. Im making the remark for everybody that the system we're talking about is from 1893.... I guess your everyday pen maybe is a Parker 51........probably the closest to a P51(I've never noticed this, P51 and Parker 51, anyway) ...I cannot imagine another plane for you. Your site has been a big source of information. Is a very good source of information.

I guess people are reading too fast........that's the problem !

I'll try to at least make you use one Venvstas for one day, that'll be enough.!

Thank you!

VENVSTAS ITALY

www.venvstas.com

info@venvstas.com