The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pens That Everyone Else Seems To Hate That You Love

fountain pens love hate

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 corgicoupe

corgicoupe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:21

I guess I'm just fortunate to have the right selection of pens. My weakest attraction is to my 2 P45s, but that may be a result of limited use. I love my Esterbrook Js, my 2 P51s, my Duo fold International, my Pelikan 800, my Sheaffer Connaisseur, my Aurora Tu, my 2 Parker Vacumatics, and my 2 Sheaffer Balances. There are rare bad mouth comments about P51s, and rarer ones about Pelikans, but I feel like I've got a great stable at present. No complaints from me. Either I'm very fortunate or have chosen well.

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

Sponsored Content

#22 FountainPages

FountainPages

Runs With Sharp Pens!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 January 2016 - 16:15

I really enjoy using my Lamy Studio! I have a Platinum with 14K EF nib. It has a bit of spring to it,even being a lefty I get some nice line variation. My favorite letter writing pen.

letterji9.png

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.

Mark Twain

#23 lisadan

lisadan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 January 2016 - 16:29

Parker Sonnet seems to be a pen that some have good experience with, while others vow not to get within a mile from one.
I have two Mk I models, and I love them. Great writers, and none of the problems people have pointed out in various reviews and threads. I may be just lucky.

Dan

#24 Piper 987

Piper 987

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2016 - 15:19

Parker Sonnet seems to be a pen that some have good experience with, while others vow not to get within a mile from one.

I have a Parker Sonnet with a medium nib and I think it's an excellent pen. The nib is as smooth as any nib I've ever tried. Unposted, it feels a bit small for me so it's one pen I regularly post.

I also like it's appearance. It's a classy looking pen. I have never had a single issue with it.

Ink has something in common with both money and manure. It's only useful if it's spread around.

#25 Arkanabar

Arkanabar

Ain't I a stinker?

• Member - Gold

• 2,853 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2016 - 18:27

yeah, I haven't been able to remove it, either

oh well, for now I am just tolerating a bit of dryout--I love my Konrads!

And if it were just a bit of dryout, I'd love mine too.

Still haven't gone over the cap/finial joint with 5 minute epoxy yet, but I do eventually plan to.

#26 dogpoet

dogpoet

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,306 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 18:37

I do wonder if replacing the inner cap with something better might not be a more effective solution?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fountain pens, love, hate

Sponsored Content

|