What Pen Are You Hoping To Get For The Holidays?

Jeremington

For some today marks the first night of Hanukah, and for others Christmas is right around the corner. (Sorry if I left out a holiday that you celebrate). So in light of the holiday spirit, I ask "What pen are you hoping to get for the holidays this year?" Whether you plan on buying one for yourself or put one on your wish list, please share that one pen you hope to unwrap or unbox in the near future. Happy holidays!

For me, I am hoping to open a Lamy 2000.

Edited by Jeremington

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cryptos

• Jeremington

• sirgilbert357

• FOUR X FOUR

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ha Ha Ha, I laugh because mine would also be a Lamy 2000nib... with a BB nib

Sam O

"A fountain pen with a bad nib is like a Ferrari with a flat tyre..." - Brian Gray, Edison pens

I have 3 landing.

A blue marble Delta The Journal with a broad nib, from my mother.

An Italix Captains Commission with a med italic nib, from Mrs The Jock.

And an Asa Rainbow in cherry swirl with a broad nib, from the kids, once Mr Subramaniam and the people of Chennai recover.

There may also be another Waterman or 2 in the offing, but we'll see.

Ian

No idea if I will receiving them by the holidays with the massive mail increase due to the holidays.

But, I will be getting:

1. Pilot Custom Heritage 92 Clear Demonstrator
  2. Pilot Stella 90s Night Blue (also known as Stargazer Sapphire)
  3. Pilot E95s Deep Red
  4. Pilot E95s Black
  5. Pilot Custom 74 Black
  6. Pilot Custom Heritage 91 Black

All medium nibs.

-Peppers

I have dreamt of the day where I am holding a Waterman Carene. Sigh... seems too distant I can only see the fog far away.

This Christmas, inspite of not being an extremely good lad, I hope to get a green Pelikan M1000 with an F nib. It is the chief contender for position # 1 in my list of pens I dream about (the other being the MB149).

I took the reins on this one and bought myself a blue striped Pelikan M405. I also bought a Lamy 2000 with the money I got from consolidating 4 other pens. I'm already using that one, but I won't get to open the Pelikan until Christmas morning. I have two more pens and an ink to sell, so I may use some of that money for one new ink...

Wait, Santa also give pens as gift now?

Rumor has it that he actually does if you take the reins like sirgilbert357 and buy them for yourself. I think he has the right idea. I'm pretty sure thats the only way I'm gonna end up with a Lamy 2K this year.

Edited by Jeremington

I'm hoping to get my TWSBI Vac 700 undamaged. Last time i got an update was December 3, 2015 , 2:56 am. it is also due to be here tomorrow. lets see if it will update at 12 am.

List of fountain pens i currently owned: Pilot Metropolitan, TWSBI VAC 700

Wait, Santa also give pens as gift now?

If by "Santa" you mean your personal PayPal, yes.

I'm thinking that new Wahl-Eversharp special lawyer pen. Looks sharp with the scales on it.

What a great question!

Since everyone in my family decided not to give gifts this year, I am not expecting anything.

But . . . if word were to leak out about what I would like, it would probably be:

Franklin-Christoph Smoke and Maroon 03 with a Masuyama Medium Stub steel nib.

or

Lamy 2000

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

I'm not looking for a pen, but I do hope to get a Monteverde nib unit so that I can update my older model rose gold Invincia. I can't wait to be able to put a nice Monteverde black stub into my pen so that I can move it back into active use.

Christmas is arriving early for me this year, via a FPN Pif put on by the generous Mr2txaggie.

The Lamy 2000 is arriving tomorrow. XD

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Christmas is arriving early for me this year, via a FPN Pif put on by the generous Mr2txaggie.

The Lamy 2000 is arriving tomorrow. XD

Yeah, until my alter ego "Mr Grinch" takes it from you. :lticaptd:

Edited by Davenport

List of fountain pens i currently owned: Pilot Metropolitan, TWSBI VAC 700

Mine arrived earlier than anticipated, and have been using for about 10 days now. A Pelikan M200 Cognac. Bought from a Japan seller on Amazon in mid November, received by Thanksgiving. THe estimate on the early side of delivery? December 15. I got it 11/24 or 25.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Mine arrived earlier than anticipated, and have been using for about 10 days now. A Pelikan M200 Cognac. Bought from a Japan seller on Amazon in mid November, received by Thanksgiving. THe estimate on the early side of delivery? December 15. I got it 11/24 or 25.

Same here!!!:)

Pleasantly surprised to see it arrive as soon as it did, considering the ETA given......

BTW.....F nib on mine.....(couldn't get EF!!!:()

Always try to get the dibs....on fountain pens with EF nibs!!

If I were to put a list together for Santa it would be:

1-Pelikan 1000

2-Mont Blanc 149

3-Parker Duofold

4-Any working vintage pen

With two kids in college and being a single parent I have my doubts about this list but it's always good to dream!

Rumor has it that he actually does if you take the reins like sirgilbert357 and buy them for yourself. I think he has the right idea. I'm pretty sure thats the only way I'm gonna end up with a Lamy 2K this year.

LOL, well, my wife would have no clue what to get me if I asked her for a fountain pen. I would have to basically email her a link to the website I want her to get it from, with the coupon code and tell her which nib to choose, etc...its just easier to buy it for myself. She will get me other stuff that she gets to pick out herself though. I did the same thing when I wanted to buy her a new purse...I told her to pick out whatever she wanted and I went with her and gave her my opinion on options she picked out, but she had the final say and ended up loving what she got. We were both much happier doing it that way.