The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Inks For Lamy Dialog 3

lamy dialog 3 inks

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dylim1

dylim1

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2015 - 17:45

I recently purchased a used Lamy Dialog 3. I wrote with it before going to bed and it didn't start right up in the morning. It required a few line strokes to get it writing again. The ink that I use in it is Noodler's Heart of Darkness. My guess is, it might be the pen and ink combination that causes the problem.

What inks have you found to not have startup problems after not using it for 6 to 8 hours, a day or so?

Thanks for all your suggestions in advance.

Sponsored Content

#2 dfo

dfo

Historiker

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2015 - 18:33

Try Waterman's Intense Black or Serenity Blue. 

Daniel

The challenge of modernity is to live without illusions and without becoming disillusioned. 

Gramsci

#3 prashant.tikekar

prashant.tikekar

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2015 - 00:23

Older D3 had drying problem due to flaw in closing mechanism. Contact Lamy service for solution.

#4 dylim1

dylim1

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2015 - 03:00

Older D3 had drying problem due to flaw in closing mechanism. Contact Lamy service for solution.

I think mine is the newer one with an o-ring on the barrel. 

#5 dylim1

dylim1

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2015 - 03:01

I just changed the nib to an EF steel nib. Will see how it turns out in the morning tomorrow.

#6 ronpro

ronpro

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2015 - 20:29

My matte black Lamy Dialog 3 / Fine nib really loves Diamine Oxblood.  :-)

Lamy 2k Makrolon Fine, Lamy Dialog 3 Matte black Fine (the pen insists upon Diamine Oxblood  :rolleyes:  ), Waterman No. 7 Red Ripple Red Nib, Waterman No. 7 Jet Celluloid Brown Nib, Pilot Metropolitan Fine, Lamy Safari/Vista/Al-Star every nib size, Omas Ogiva Cocktail Blue Angel EF Flex nib.  Coveting:  Waterman No. 7 Black Nib  :puddle:  .

#7 FourRings

FourRings

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2015 - 17:27

I think mine is the newer one with an o-ring on the barrel.

Mine is too...

I'm running MB Oyster Grey without an issue... Starts right up even after a couple days at rest...
I'm just a Starwalker kind of guy...

#8 piblondin

piblondin

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 December 2015 - 22:35

I've been using Aurora Black in my D3 with a fine nib. No problems even after sitting on my desk unused for a few weeks. 

#9 jkingrph

jkingrph

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2016 - 20:17

I thought my new Dialog had a drying problem but discovered my problem.  I had been just a little too gentle in closing it so the engraved lines on the body parts did not line up, not allowing the cover to close completely.  If I close it with a slight snap it closes completely and does not dry out.

Regards

Jeff

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy, dialog 3, inks

Sponsored Content

|