The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Can Anyone Identify This Pen?

fountain pen identify unknown

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CalebBond

CalebBond

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:12

This pen is coming up at the local auctions, and is listed in the catalogue as a "Dash Pen 14 Carat Nib", but I can't find anything about it. Might anyone be able to tell me what it is?

1e43fac74f16c8abf0b4d6e4270f1090.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Ink Stained Wretch

Ink Stained Wretch

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 14:21

Hard to figure out what it might be from that photograph.

It'd be good to see the clip, and the nib. And if they could be seen in some detail that would make identification more likely

If that's the only photograph you have of it we'll probably need you to tell us more about it.

I'll say that it doesn't look vintage to me, but I may have a different idea of the dividing line between vintage and modern from some folks.

Is there anything else you can tell us about it at all?

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!
ink stained wretch filling inkwell

#3 CalebBond

CalebBond

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2015 - 14:38

Hard to figure out what it might be from that photograph.

It'd be good to see the clip, and the nib. And if they could be seen in some detail that would make identification more likely

If that's the only photograph you have of it we'll probably need you to tell us more about it.

I'll say that it doesn't look vintage to me, but I may have a different idea of the dividing line between vintage and modern from some folks.

Is there anything else you can tell us about it at all?

I didn't have time to go and inspect it this weekend, so unfortunately I don't have any other details on it. Normally they'd list the manufacturer, which I assumed is what they meant by Dash, but I can't find anything on it. The auction is this afternoon (currently 1am where I am). They usually let me pop into the gallery to have a look before something comes up, so I might have to see give it a closer inspection. Picked up a lovely Parker Slimfold there a fortnight ago,

#4 CalebBond

CalebBond

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2015 - 06:31

Went to the auction today and got it for $15. Turns out it isn't a "Dash Pen" but a Dasi. Shorthand is the model. From what I can find, it is an Australian pen made sometime in the 60s.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fountain pen, identify, unknown

Sponsored Content

|