The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Ink Review: Diamine Marine

diamine diamine inks diamine marine turquoise inks similar to caribbean sea bright turquoise inks

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 17:07

My latest ink is Diamine Marine

As I said in my review for Diamine Havasu Turquoise and Diamine Turquoise I have been collecting turquoise inks and samples since I bought a bottle of Caran d'Ache Caribbean Sea. There are several inks that are a good alternative for that deleted ink and I intend to show you as many as I can. The best match I have found so far is Kaweco Paradise Blue and I will be posting a review of that ink soon.

Diamine Marine is another alternative. It's very slightly greener than and has about the same saturation as Havasu Turquoise. It is more like a slightly greenish turquoise ink than a sky blue ink. I'm not sure you would need Marine, Havasu Turquoise and Turquoise in one ink collection though.

If someone forced me to choose between D Havasu Turquoise, Turquoise and Marine, so that I could only have one of them in my collection, I would have a real problem choosing between Turquoise and Marine. Marine is spot in the middle of blue and green though. The exact colour that you would describe bright turquoise as.

I have previously reviewed Diamine Soft Mint and Diamine Steel Blue ink and at the time I believed Steel Blue might be the closest match to Caran d'Ache Caribbean Sea. However, I think you could choose Diamine Turquoise or Diamine Marine for a closer match.

• Although this isn't a waterproof ink, it shows good water resistance, as do many turquoise inks.
  • Bearing in mind the paper I use is thick with a shiny surface, and I used a Lamy M nib, this ink took 15-16 secs to dry.
  • It flows through the pen very well and lubricates the nib very well. I saw no skips or hard starts while I did swabs and dry time tests. It was one of those pen and ink moments that produced a great match for me. They really played well together.
  • It is currently available in 80ml glass bottles, 30ml plastic refill bottles or International sized cartridges.
  • Diamine sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.
  • It's a reasonable price.

fpn_1449075899__diamine_marine1.jpgfpn_1449075912__diamine_marine2.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 ScienceChick

ScienceChick

Talk Nerdy To Me

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 December 2015 - 21:23

Marine was the second bottle of ink I bought and I still really like it. Thanks for the review/comparison.

photo 9a3c4b09-5684-4070-874c-d3e7313947e7.pngLife is too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

#3 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 21:50

You're welcome.  :)

#4 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,026 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:36

Great review! I might have to look into this color.

I too am a huge turquoise fan! I discovered L'Artisan Pastelier Callifolio Bleu Pacifique, and also Callifolio Bleu Atlantique (slightly darker), and am really enjoying their brilliant color, sheen, shading and flow. Bleu Pacifique is very close to Waterman South Seas (now Inspired Blue).

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

#5 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,084 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 December 2015 - 08:44

I use Diamine Marine for mixing because it is really a nice stable ink. Thanks for the review.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

#6 Sholom

Sholom

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 20:01

Am I the only one who thinks Diamine Marine looks a lot like current Sheaffer Green but perhaps a bit darker? I think I like R&K Smaragdgrun more because it is a little bit less blue than either of these, but all three seem to be trouble-free inks.

#7 Grafji

Grafji

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:09

I love this color. I generally pick turquoise inks that lean blue, but I really like how this ink leans toward green and is a great shading ink.

#8 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,695 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:54

I love this color and also the ink...it also shades well...

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

architect & fountain pen connoisseur 

blog | instagram | twitter

#9 Ceilidh

Ceilidh

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2016 - 16:16

Am I the only one who thinks Diamine Marine looks a lot like current Sheaffer Green but perhaps a bit darker? 

You are not the only one. I think they are very similar - I can hardly tell them apart.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diamine, diamine inks, diamine marine, turquoise inks, similar to caribbean sea, bright turquoise inks

Sponsored Content

|