Pilot Namiki Vs Pilot Black

Peppers

Hello FPN, (Newbie over here)

My first post in the forums :D . I am wondering if someone would be kind enough to get me out of my predicament.

Is there a difference between the ink inside the Pilot Namiki cartridges and the Pilot Black cartridges? I've never used cartridges, but I have ordered some to have a 'last-resort-emergency-backup' while traveling/on the go. I only use Iroshizuku on my pens.

If, the ink is different, which one is better?

I have received 2 boxes completely different, as shown below:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41sJz-J%2BSnL.jpg

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server100/hw3a3o26/products/1225/images/3909/Pilot_Fountain_Pen_Pack_Of_12_Ink_Cartridges_Black__24037.1315383457.1280.1280.JPG?c=2

Thank you!!

-Peppers

I have dreamt of the day where I am holding a Waterman Carene. Sigh... seems too distant I can only see the fog far away.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Peppers

• ehemem

• Tas

• Keyless Works

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know they are the same. I believe the latter picture is the newer packaging but I still see the red and white box all over the place so I am not certain that it has been discontinued.

That's what ai thought but wanted a voice of authority to confirm first . . . :unsure:

Pilot makes very good ink cartridges. Very easy to clean and refill, I tend not to be a fan of the converters.

Be Happy, work at it. Namaste

As far as I know they are the same. I believe the latter picture is the newer packaging but I still see the red and white box all over the place so I am not certain that it has been discontinued.

Ha! Thank you! For a moment I thought that I was getting some sort of cheap Pilot ink. I got the red box from an American retailer and a Black box from a Japanese seller. The cartridges are physically the same.

And the ink in the carts is not Iroshizuku...

But it is excellent ink with very good water resistence...

Thanks! I am aware it is not Iroshizuku, but I hope the cartridge ink quality from Pilot doesn't stand too low against Iroshizuku.

Pilot makes very good ink cartridges. Very easy to clean and refill, I tend not to be a fan of the converters.

How come? Cartridge ink is very limited, not only in colors but also in properties. How long do you think is the expected shelf life of a cartridge? I will be having them as backup because I primary use bottled ink and converters. Hopefully cartridges don't explode while in a backpack, I would hate that to happen.

I have dreamt of the day where I am holding a Waterman Carene. Sigh... seems too distant I can only see the fog far away.