The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Esterbrook Fed-Matic Base Desk Set

esterbrook desk set feed matic

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tasmith

Tasmith

Uff Da!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2015 - 16:27

I currently do not own any Esterbrooks, so I'm not familiar with their values.  Saw this very clean Esterbrook Feed-Matic Base (green base) desk set this weekend at an antique store for $60.  Seems like a good deal to me, but I am not certain.  Just might become my first Esterbrook.

[attachment=339752:Esterbrook 444 01.jpg]

Edited by Tasmith, 29 November 2015 - 16:29.

Sponsored Content

#2 jdllizard

jdllizard

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 November 2015 - 00:39

That's not an unreasonable price, especially if you like it. You could probably find one cheaper on fleabay but it might be awhile before you came across a NIB green one like that, and the green ones are my favorite.

If it were me I'd make an offer to the seller for $40, and hopefully at least get him down to $50. Antique dealers are used to haggling. If the seller isn't present, the shop should be able to call them and ask about the offer.
John L

#3 Tasmith

Tasmith

Uff Da!

• Member - Gold

• 1,684 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:26

That's not an unreasonable price, especially if you like it. You could probably find one cheaper on fleabay but it might be awhile before you came across a NIB green one like that, and the green ones are my favorite.

If it were me I'd make an offer to the seller for $40, and hopefully at least get him down to $50. Antique dealers are used to haggling. If the seller isn't present, the shop should be able to call them and ask about the offer.

Thank you!

#4 ac12

ac12

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,535 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:01

Just realize that it is a DIP pen, and the ink well holds quite a bit of ink.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

#5 Tasmith

Tasmith

Uff Da!

• Member - Gold

• 1,684 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 December 2015 - 03:41

Just realize that it is a DIP pen, and the ink well holds quite a bit of ink.

Did not know that.  Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: esterbrook, desk set, feed matic

Sponsored Content

|