• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pajaro

• inkstainedruth

• corgicoupe

• DrDebG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At the beginning of the calendar year, I choose one pen and one ink that will remained constant for the year. This year it is Pilot Custom 74 with Iroshizuku Old Man Winter. I haven't decided which one will be the 2016 pairing.

I have several other pens inked at the same time, but they switch in and out as my mood changes from vintage to modern.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

Pelikan m200 semi-vintage(1990s), Fountain Pen Revolution Indus, and a Sailor Realo. I would say a Platinum #3776 as well but the converter holds so little ink that it's empty within two or three days for me.

Edited by MobyDick

Since getting a TWSBI Eco, I've had it inked, currently with R&K Salix. I had been keeping my Pilot VP inked at all times with cartridges as a backup, but I've recently cleaned and stored it. I've also got two Pilot 78g's inked: one green and one red. Each with corresponding ink for grading. I'm trying to rotate other pens more thoughtfully than I used to so fewer are sitting around what dried up ink, so my other inked pens only have a few more days/weeks before their cleaned and put at the back of the line.

"We can become expert in an erroneous view" --Tenzin Wangyal Rinoche

Parker Sonnet with Diamine Velvet Blue - it gives a nice fat medium line, and shows the colour well.

Italix Parsons Essential with violet ink - usually j Herbin's Violet pensee.

Faber Castell Loom, my EDC with Diamine Tyrian Purple.

Pilot Decimo with Iroshizuku Asa-gao. Up until a day or two ago, I always had a vintage Parker 45 with a gold medium nib inked with Noodler's Liberty's Elysium. I got a wild hair and decided to switch it to Pelikan 4001 black or Noodlers Black, whichever behaves best in it. Noodlers Liberty's Elysium will be going in my Lamy 2000 once it arrives.

One of my Pelikan M805s because they hold so much ink!

A Lamy Safari because it writes well but I don't like the look of it, so it barely gets used.

A Lamy Studio in brushed steel because it's my indestructible work pen - usually filled with iron gall ink.

bayesianprior.png

A black Pelikan M805 (the one in my profile pic!) with a Masuyama CI. I change inks as soon as they're done, currently it has Diamine Autumn Oak in it.

Recently I've kept a wonderful cedar blue Parker 51 with Minuskin stub inked with Iro Tsuki-Yo, and I've been using that to take notes in grad school. It's a really nice, unassuming beater pen, performs flawlessly and holds a lot of ink!

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

Pelikan M800 with a Binder Italifine inked with Bad Belted Kingfisher. It's a match made in heaven.

An oversize Sheaffer's Balance in Black and Pearl, generally loaded with Blakwa. Although everything matches it is really a composite of parts from three different pens all made around 1929 that is a perfect writer.

Hmmm. I have the Bad Belted Kingfisher in my Targa for writing envelopes because of its drying time. I'll have to try it in my new to me semi vintage 1990s M800. Edited by corgicoupe

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

And a Lamy Vista with a black cartidge that is my pocket pen. I dont write with it much, but it is reassuring to always have a fountain pen in your pocket in case something unexpected requires writing or signing.

And always preferred over using the one in the doctor or dentist office that has been handled by (how many?) sick folks.

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

Pelikan M800 stub

Sheaffer Legacy Heritag Fine

TWSBI 580 M

Scriptorium Idyll CI

Scriptorium Master Scrivener M

These pens are permanently inked as well as a few others in rotation.

Noodlers Ahab. Fits in my hand so well and it is a real workhorse.

On the other hand, I do not like to have pens lying around that are NOT inked. It just gives me the creeps.

Anyone like Ray Bradbury? Please read "The Laurel and Hardy Love Affair" if you have about 12 minutes.

You will not forget this wonderful gem that is largely obscure and sadly, forgotten. http://bit.ly/1DZtL4g

A Parker 75 sterling silver and a Sonnet sterling silver always remain inked and ready to go. The 75 is always inked with Pelikan turquoise while the Sonnet is inked always with either royal blue or brilliant green.

Khan M. Ilyas

I rotate my pens and no single pen is always inked. But I always have at least one of my Pelikans M80x and at least one M2xx inked. Two pens that seem to come into rotation frequently are the Pilot Vanishing Point and the Parker Duofold Centennial.

It is interesting the variety of pens people like.

I took the Minuskin 1.2mm stub out of the cedar blue pen and put into an aerometric midnight blue 51. Works better. Still inked, along with the same pen in a fine. Blues Brothers.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

My definition of "rotation" seems to be a bit different from some others' definition. My rotation pens are the ones that are inked and which each get used to start a day. I have six of these. If I had seven, which I once through about, I'd have each fountain pen locked into a specific day of the week. This way the pens move around the week.

The fountain pen that's "always" been inked for me has to be my burgundy Sheaffer Imperial IV, a cartridge filler that has been inked with Noodler's Black ink since early June 2004. So that one has been constant for almost 11½ years. I have cleaned and flushed it maybe 3 or 4 times in all of those years.

There's a blue Pelikano Jr. that's had my various blue ink mixture experiments, and other blue inks, in it for what must be at least 10 years. I had it in the rotation before I started on FPN, and that anniversary will be 10 years next Monday.

There's a Stypen Ergo Plume that's had Noodler's Blue/Black ink in it since September 2004, so another 11 year pen and ink. It's actually labeled "Swisher Pens Blue-Black," but it's Noodler's Blue/Black rebadged, everyone agreed (including Chuck Swisher and Nathan Tardif). I have about three drops of ink left in that bottle now, so the next ink in that fountain will have come from a bottle with a real Noodler's label on it.

I've got a Parker Frontier with a broad nib and my "plum" ink mixture in it, that pen and ink combination has been in use for between 8 and 8½ years.

Out of the rotation I have a Pelikano Jr. with my mixture of Thistle Blue/Black and Noodler's Black ink in it. That pen's had that ink mixture in it for almost 7 years now.

For those who crave boredom, I went over my inks once and the old list is still mostly the same now. Some of the fountain pens have sadly had to be retired or are awaiting repair, and have been for quite a while :( .

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

I have had my Lamy 2000 EF inked with Noodler's 54th Massachusetts with me for over a year. It's the one constant in my rotation.

Favorite pen/ink pairings: Edison Brockton w/EF 14K gold nib and Noodler's 54th Massachusetts; Visconti Pinanfarina w/EF chromium conical nib and Noodler's El Lawrence; Sheaffer Legacy w/18k extra fine inlaid nib and Noodler's Black; Sheaffer PFM III fine w/14k inlaid nib and Noodler's Black; Lamy 2000 EF with Noodler's 54th Massachusetts; Franklin Christoph 65 Stablis w/steel Masuyama fine cursive italic and DeAtramentis Document Blue; Pilot Decimo w/18k fine nib and Pilot Blue Black; Franklin Christoph 45 w/steel Masuyama fine cursive italic and Noodler's Zhivago; Edison Brockton EF and Noodler's El Lawrence; TWSBI ECO EF with Noodler's Bad Green Gator.