• inkstainedruth

• corgicoupe

• DrDebG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lamy Safari charcoal, fine - loaded with MB midnight blue

Aurora 88L, medium - loaded with MB Irish green

MB 147 traveler, fine - loaded with MB boheme blue

These three are always inked, I rotate through the others (I usually have ~6 pens inked at once)

Right now I have 8 pens inked. But the two that I always keep inked are my Franklin Christoph Panther 40 with 14K medium stub flex nib, and my Delta Horsepower with an 18K fusion stub nib. They are my two favorite pens, although I love the others as well.

What color is your HP? I like this pen, I'm just curious.

Fine w/Pel Turquoise, med w/GMB, 1.1 w/Nightshade

http://orig05.deviantart.net/820a/f/2015/218/4/a/p51_trio_by_voidelemental-d94grac.jpg

One Pelikan M800 which I use for writing personal notes in my diary and calendar. And for signatures sometimes.

One M205 which I use for all other writing I do. And a Lamy Vista with a black cartidge that is my pocket pen. I dont write with it much, but it is reassuring to always have a fountain pen in your pocket in case something unexpected requires writing or signing.

Edited by fplover01

My always inked pens are my Sailor Tagayasan Ironwood, and my Sailor 1911S in Ivory. Close to always inked is my Sailor 21 Pocket pen and my Sailor Professional Gear.

I don't have any single pen that's always inked, but I have a few that seem to stay a long time on the desk, compared with others. A grey Parker 51, a bust up rolled gold 51, a Lamy 2000 broad, and my broad Pelikan m600s all get re-inked very, very often. They're comfortable, wet writers, and nice soft smooth nibs, and have no vices - no hard starts, no drying out. (My Lamy Accent also joins this crew. A very fine pen with a delightful Lamy gold nib.)

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

Bard Model (Scriptorium) with broad nib -Diamine Radiant Blue

Esterbrook J #2284, copper-Binder Burgundy

Kaweco Red and Carbon Fiber Sport with broad nib-Kaweco Blue cartridge

Sheaffer School Pen, transparent green, Med #305 nib-Old Manhattan Black

FranklinChristoph Marietta, glossy black, Stub-Kobe Brick Red

Going on about 6 months with these 5 pens...not always these 5 inks.

Lamy Studio Imperial Blue EF with Waterman Serenity Blue ink

Pilot Elite E95s Ruby Red/Silver EF with Sailor Nano Ultra Black ink

My #1 and #2 EDC's.....

Always try to get the dibs.....on fountain pens with EF nibs!!

Wahl branded Skyline with Wahl semi-flex nib and teal Diamine ink when working at my desk. In meetings, modern Conklin Duragraph with cartridges.

...be like the ocean...

Since I got it repaired almost two years ago, Lamy 2000 medium nib which has only spent a day or so empty and does more work than all the others together. Much of the time, as now, it is filled with Diamine Eau de Nil, but it did like the sample of Yama-Dori and a bottle is on the way.

Then there is the Lamy Safari which must be about three now and always has a bright red ink, currently Diamine Classic Red. Not used a lot so it only gets refilled every couple of months, but it is always inked.

The rest rotate with about 4 or 5 in use at one time.

2 Parker 51 desk pens

Sheaffer Touchdown desk pen

Parker Classic

Reform 1745

Parker 45

Baoer 388 and 801

Parker 88

Other pens are in rotation.

Edited by ac12

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

I've a few that are rotation proof:

My Lamy 2000, a black fine nib Parker 51 (about the most generic P51 you can get, in fact, but one I have kept inked up and used ever since I got it, possibly because it was my first vintage pen), a Cross ATX (one of the limited edition colours in an attractive white with a gold trim), My Rotring 700 and my Waterman Expert.

I also have a Pelikan 200 that's been inked up for a long while, but that has been out of rotation at least a couple of times.

I always have my Lamy Safari with a 1.1 nib and my Aldo Domani, usually with a Nemosine 0.8 nib reground to 1.1 or a Zebra G nib.

Both are reliable writers that will start up even if I leave them sitting around for a week or two. The Lamy is super smooth, the Aldo Domani is as solid as a tank and has a screw on cap, so I can take it anywhere without fear of an inky disaster.

The Lamy is usually inked with Chesterfield Antique Yankee, and the Aldo Domani usually has Chesterfield Archival Vault ink in it.

What color is your HP? I like this pen, I'm just curious.

I have the blue HP. I love it!

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Pilot Custom Heritage Posting Nib, and at least two customised Noodler's Acrylic Konrads with lovely extra flexy nibs modified by DaLuz with his hand-cut/formed overfeed. So, two extremes ;). 'Normal' pens are rotated based on mood, ink/barrel colour, nib type.

Noodler's Konrad Acrylics (normal+Da Luz custom flex) ~ Lamy AL-Stars/Vista F/M/1.1 ~ Handmade Barry Roberts Dayacom M ~ Waterman 32 1/2, F semi-flex nib ~ Conklin crescent, EF super-flex ~ Aikin Lambert dip pen EEF super-flex ~ Aikin Lambert dip pen semi-flex M ~ Jinhao X450s ~ Pilot Custom Heritage 912 Posting Nib ~ Sailor 1911 Profit 21k Rhodium F. Favourite inks: Iroshizuku blends, Noodler's CMYK blends.

Even my very best pens get cleaned out and set aside for a while, even if it's not a long while. But I do have some Pilot Varsities which always sit there in a cup on my desk until I want one of the infrequently used inks that they are filled with. I don't even count them as part of the rotation, but one of them might be grabbed for a trip, along with one of my better pens. And although some of them may be finally emptied and set aside (in fact I do have several empty ones from that seven pack), I'll always refill one or two of them, and have them ready. They seem never to dry up just sitting there, and if they do, no big loss.

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do."

- Benjamin Franklin

Kept filled, with occasional cleaning before refilling:

(Not counting 2 desk pens, and fountain pen style filling brush pen :blush: )

Parker 51

Pelikan M800 B

Lamy 2000, m

Pilot 742 Custom wa

Pilot Metal Falcon sf

Pilot Falcon sef

Sailor 1911 standard with a 21k Z nib

Sailor 1911 standard with q medium 21k nib

:yikes:

Edited by Moynihan

"I am a dancer who walks for a living" Michael Erard

"Reality then, may be an illusion, but the illusion itself is real." Niklas Luhmann