Which Pen Is Always Inked?

benbot517

What pen (or pens) is/are always inked for you? I have a rotation I go through, however there are two (A Pelikan M400 and a Kaweco Al sport) that are always inked, with me, and ready for action. Which pens of yours just happen to always stay inked and ready to go?

Edited by benbot517

"Oh deer."

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pajaro

• inkstainedruth

• mitto

• DrDebG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A pair of Noodler's Ahabs equipped with JoWo 1.1 mm italic nibs. The inks may vary but the pens are always there and ready for use. It is not that these two pens are the best in my pen box, just that they have the most enjoyable nibs with just the right amount of feedback and touch to satisfy my writing habits.

"Enjoy,

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?

Right now I have 8 pens inked. But the two that I always keep inked are my Franklin Christoph Panther 40 with 14K medium stub flex nib, and my Delta Horsepower with an 18K fusion stub nib. They are my two favorite pens, although I love the others as well.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

I would have said at least one of the Noodler's Konrads. But at the moment that isn't the case. Oh, wait -- it is because I have Noodler's Blue (diluted) in the Poseidon Pearl Konrad, just not on the trip with me. OTOH, I've had my first Noodler's Charlie (the one that I got with a bottle of Heart of Darkness) inked up since I guess the late spring. Seems just easier to refill with more HoD (or occasionally with a little distilled water) than to have it start burping ink....

And I've had the Parker Vac Junior (the Red Shadow Wave) in constant rotation since I got it at the DCSS in August. Just flushed the Silver Pearl Vac Major out recently -- it was running Diamine Grey (and then diluted Diamine Grey) for a good long while. Plus, the Pelikan M400 Brown Tortoise has been back in rotation for a couple of months (at least since the end of September, because I used it for a lot of the InkTober sketches).

I like pens that just last and last on fills, apparently.... :rolleyes:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Ruth, how much do you dilute your Diamine Grey? I have a bottle and find it too dark. If you could tell me how much distilled water (right?) you use, it would be a great starting place for any attempt to dilute for me. Thanks.

Posted Image

Not sure about *always* but right now the main two that have been inked the longest and kept inked (ie: I twist the ink back into the sample vial, shake it up a little and refill if it's gone a few weeks without a feel) has been :

Lamy 2000, 14K EF, Noodler's X-Feather (pretty much a grab-n-go utilitarian black pen)

Pelikan M640, 18K M, Noodler's Blue Steel (more comfortable for the note taking, more impact on the strokes)

Pelikan 140 (50s), 14K Broad Cursive Italic, Diamine Oxblood (very smooth, great for headings, and back side does a tighter cursive italic in lighter shade).

The M640 might get de-inked once in awhile, but the L2K and 140 pretty much stayed inked once I found their ink match.

I rotate my pens. Every one is for using. If one would ever stay inked, it would be the Visconti Homo Sapiens. It was for awhile, but I cleaned it out and put it in its box until recently. I have enough Lamy pens that a Lamy is usually one of the inked up ones.

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

Pelikan 140 with a nice springing BB nib.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

My clipless Franklin-Christoph model 03 (18K 1.1 stub, by PB) is always filled with some kind of iron gall ink.

Lately it has been Platinum's blue/black, but usually it's R&K Scabiosa.

(This is the only pen I own that's made entirely of acrylic resin.)

Edited by tinta

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

Pelikan M800 with a Binder Italifine inked with Bad Belted Kingfisher. It's a match made in heaven.

An oversize Sheaffer's Balance in Black and Pearl, generally loaded with Blakwa. Although everything matches it is really a composite of parts from three different pens all made around 1929 that is a perfect writer.

Dave Campbell
Retired Science Teacher and Active Pen Addict
Every day is a chance to reduce my level of ignorance.

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Parker 51 fine

Parker 51 1.2 mm stub

Montblanc 144 fine

Montblanc 144R fine

Montblanc 144R 1.1 mm stub

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

None. I only have one pen inked at a time. In the past, I had two or three inked at once, but even they were all rotated, and none of them stayed inked past their rotation.

Franklin-Christoph, Italix, and Pilot pens are the best!
Iroshizuku, Diamine, and Waterman inks are my favorites!

Apica, Rhodia, and Clairefontaine make great paper!

My Omas vintage 360 turquoise is always inked with Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo, and the Nakaya decapod Kuro is always inked with Edelstein Amethyst. Those pens go almost everywhere with me.

Regards,

Simar

"Be the change you want to see in the world." -- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi