just joined the forum, this is my first post.
I have recently bought a MontBlanc fountain pen at a reputable antiques shop here in Switzerland. The seller told me it was around 20y old.
I have a few questions regarding this model and would welcome your thoughts as to its authenticity. I have attached a few pictures.
Here are my observations
1) The pen shows "Germany" and serial number "[DELETED]" on the top band of the cap (not "West Germany" so the pen is not older than 1991)
2) Engraved "Meisterstuck - MontBlanc" on the bottom band of the cap. No model number eg 146 between "Meisterstuck" and "MontBlanc"
3) No "pix" engraved on the underside of the clip
4) The nib is two-color, with "4810", the montblanc logo, "14K" and "Montblanc" engraved from top to bottom.
5) The tank is transparent when looked through light
6) Dimensions: 14.2cm capped, 12.4cm uncapped (approximately)
Am a bit concerned about the lack of "pix" under the clip and the absence of the model number on the band.
Curious to hear what people think.
Thanks for your help.
Edited by linlin157, 27 November 2015 - 07:45.