Escape The Shopping Pen Posse

AltecGreen

This is our traditional Pen Posse gathering to avoid holiday shopping.

Sunday Nov. 29th

1:00 pm

Peter's Cafe

10 El Camino Real

Millbrae, CA 94030

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarmBoy

• InTheory-SF

• ac12

• AltecGreen

What should I bring?

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

I have a question and a request -

My request - could people bring a pen inked with their favorite "holiday" ink. I realide for some people that means quink blue black, which is just fine, but for others I suspect they may have a favorite red or green iink.

My question - does anyone have interest in blank copier paper? I've been trying out different paper in an attempt to find fountain pen friendly paper and some of the paper is decent but not to my personal liking (Double A, HP 30lb, some others). I'm happy to bring paper to put into the box of goodness, but if no one actually wants this stuff I think it's no good to put this kinda heavy stuff into the box.

Since I'm the carrier of the box of goodness, given a bunch of paper, I only put part of the paper into the bag, and refill the bag supply as people take it. This applies to both loose sheets and pads.

As for Christmas card pens/inks, mine are not inked up yet. I will ink up just before doing the cards. I have not decided on which pens to load with which ink either.

Green = Diamine Ultra Green

Red = Sheaffer Red

Are you looking to see what the different colors look like?

If so, I can bring my ink sample binder, which should be more than enough inks to look at.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

I would like some not blank paper. If it is a bit faded and tattered so much the better. I suspect Jerome may agree.

Boxes. I'll make sure FarmKid brings boxes of all sorts. I believe he will even have some better stuff this time and he has red ink in one of his pens if we can find it in time.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

I do have an interest in good fountain pen friendly "copier" paper as I can use different lined under sheets for different nibs, and it ends up being less expensive for letters.

I will bring a pen with holiday ink.

Dear FarmBoy/Santa,

Could you please bring some cool transitional Parker 51's or Vacumatics? Reading about them is one thing, but seeing them side-by-side is another. It would also be great to see the variations in the first couple of years.

Also, did that parcel you were expecting contain what you wanted?

Due to popular demand (and the fact that Ricky will stab me if I don't) I will bring the 51 of recent interest.

I also have a tray of user grade 51s from the Syndicate I can bring.

Me thinks my Christmas fund will be gone by the end of the Posse.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com