The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Stipula Calamo Sepia

stipula sepia red brown

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 white_lotus

white_lotus

Caution: Absinthe Distiller with Ink

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:10

Stipula makes a line of inks, one online shop had seven of their inks, another five. They don't seem to get much attention here on the forum. But I'm always interested in an ink named "sepia". They have big 70 ml bottles. This is my first bottle of theirs.

There are old reviews here on FPN showing an ink with this name to be a muted gray-green. That is not what the ink currently is. The online shops correctly show the ink as a red-brown. It is nearly identical to Franklin-Christoph Brown in color, but very fast drying. The pictures here didn't quite capture the reddish hue here, and often just turned it dark. Maybe if I had a more modern iPhone I'd get better color capture. Perhaps someday.

This ink washes red. It is not a replacement for PPM.

There's nothing bad about this ink, but it is very similar to all the other red-brown inks out there.

fpn_1448327202__img_3819.jpg

fpn_1448327252__img_3861.jpg

fpn_1448327304__img_3811.jpg

Not terribly water resistant.

fpn_1448327335__img_3804.jpg

fpn_1448327372__img_3801.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:24

One of my favorite browns...  Thanks for the review... :D

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#3 Barkingpig

Barkingpig

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,184 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:41

Thank you again for another wonderful review of one of my favorite inks.  Not one of my favorite "sepias" but certainly one of the nicest browns I use.  I agree Stipula has made an excellent ink & if you have the opportunity or desire I can also say the Verde Muschiato by Stipula is equally attractive in performance if you like a "murky, mysterious green."  I have refilled the same pen for the third time with it & can't imagine I will change it with the large bottle & pleasing performance of the ink.

#4 rafapa

rafapa

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:13

Thank you again for another wonderful review of one of my favorite inks.  Not one of my favorite "sepias" but certainly one of the nicest browns I use.  I agree Stipula has made an excellent ink & if you have the opportunity or desire I can also say the Verde Muschiato by Stipula is equally attractive in performance if you like a "murky, mysterious green."  I have refilled the same pen for the third time with it & can't imagine I will change it with the large bottle & pleasing performance of the ink.

+1

#5 cello

cello

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2015 - 23:37

Totally agree with this! 

Thanks for the review of the Sepia, White Lotus, as I now am always looking for Stipula reviews. 

#6 webgeckos

webgeckos

The Goodest Twin

• Member - Gold

• 2,624 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 January 2016 - 00:19

Great review, thank you! I bought a bottle of this and love it.

#7 white_lotus

white_lotus

Caution: Absinthe Distiller with Ink

• 2,658 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 January 2016 - 00:44

Yea. Glad I could be of assistance.  :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stipula, sepia, red brown

Sponsored Content

|