Stresemann On Amazon.de For 301 Euros!

Sergio 46

My pen,bought on Amazon.de as a 805 F schwarz/grau (grey/black), and which I supposed to be a second choice Stresemann, because not perfect and sold at 306 euros, is once more sold on amazon.de at 301 euros, and once more without the mention Stresemann!

Hurry!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fplover01

• Sergio 46

• rafapa

• Calabria

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is sold as "Pelikan Premium Füllfederhalter M805F schwarz/grau", without any mention of Stresemann, but the only Pelikan in schwarz/grau is the Stresemann!

You are right, I don't know what Pelikan is doing with this policy!

But I maintain that it may be second choices , and even more surprising, that same M805 in B , 264 euros on amazon.de is sold 480 euros on amazon.fr, while, once more, these FPs , with product number 957688, are massively sold on ebay with the mention of Stresemann, and at the normal price for Stresemanns !

And it is also sold on amazon.co.uk without mentioning Stresemann, with a discount of around 20 % !

I consider this as a crazy marketing policy from Pelikan or, more credible, those are second choices that Pelikan does not want to sell as real Stresemanns..

You are once more diseminating false information. This has happened before in another thread and other people have tried to explain you.

Amazon.de has regular offers on Pelikans pens of all kinds. For example a M205 can be found at 55 Euros while the regular recommended price is 95. Especially before Christmas, many people buy Christmas gifts and a pelikan pen is a very desirable gift for many people. I would be honoured if someone went to the trouble to buy me one, instead of clothes or other stuff my beloved buy me. Other stores in Germany do the same thing too during this time of year.

Also bear in mind tha street prices for Pelikan pens in Germany can be lower than in other countries. regular M800s can be found at the 260-330 Euros mark so this price is not unreasonable at all.

These pens are regular line pelikan pens, which amazon can offer cheap because of the massive numbers it can order. They are in no way seconds, defective or whatever. If you had a bad pen, I am very sorry, you can contact Pelikan and they will make things right ,instead of telling the same story all over again, about second choice pens and the like. I have had various pens from amazon,all were top notch original Pelikan pens with no problems or defects of any kind. And the nice discount makes them more affordable to us.

The fact that they forgot or omitted to add the Stresemann name is not an issue since the item numbers are correct as another member has pointed to you in another thread. Besides, this anthrazit M805 may be officially named Stresemann, but all striped Pelikans are called that way unofficially in germany, especially the green ones. They might call it whatever they want, as long as the item number is correct.

If the money was there, i would buy two.

Edited by fplover01

Not adding the Stresemann name to the fountain pen is not an issue when it occurs once, but cannot be considered as a mistake when it happens on several products and several amazon sites!

In my opinion as long as the item number matches the catalogue there is no real problem. Most people refer to those pens collectively as Stresemanns and the reduction is because of amazons ability to buy and sell many pens not because of the lack of the name. but you could always write to pelikan and ask them if your pen is second choice or not.

Edited by fplover01

Not adding the Stresemann name to the fountain pen is not an issue when it occurs once, but cannot be considered as a mistake when it happens on several products and several amazon sites!

I don't follow your reasoning. Let admits is second choice. It's still a Pelikan pen, so it will have the same warranty and if there is any defect is Pelikan the one ashamed. My conclusión is that they are not second choice because it will harm Pelikan reputation.

Part of the price reduction could be justified because there is no deluxe box.

Another thing is why amazon or the real seller does not include Stresemann in the description. That's beyond me but I recently saw a Graf von Faber-Castell Intuition Terra black. The photo was for a Initio.

Pelikan does not have a discount outlet. They do not sell "second choices." Prices vary widely depending on place of purchase and time. For instance, I paid $370 for a new M800 Burnt Orange. If I purchased it from most vendors in the US, I would have paid closer to $670. That discount in pricing doesn't mean my pen is any less genuine. Factors that influence price are local taxes, gift packaging, retailer overhead, and volume of sales just to name a few. I'm sure there are factors we know nothing about as well. Pelikan supplies to distributors and dealers. It's up to the vendor to promote the item however they like. They can omit or include whatever facts they wish. At the end of the day, the pen is still a Pelikan M805 Anthracite Stresemann.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

The difference when you buy a Pelikan at Amazon (at least .fr) is that they send the pen in a very light cardboard tube, quite unprotected.

I never got any notice or guaranty card joined to the parcel also.

Anyway this is not a big issue except if you want to offer the pen.

I have bought several discounted pens on amazon.de. (10?)

If there is no box, it is clearly mentioned, and there is always a possibility to purchase the box separetely. M215 came with no box, M205s all had a box as stated. M205 DUO as well.

The guarantee card is no issue, there is always the invoice for the pen, which can be printed from amazon and presented to Pelikan for any claims needed.

The point is every retailer can market the pen in any way they want. If the item number is correct, it is a first rate original Pelikan pen. Pelikan sells no seconds and every pen is as good as the rest of them. As said there are regular price reductions like that in the German market. And if there is a problem with the pen, service will take care of it.

Edited by fplover01

I have bought several discounted pens on amazon.de. (10?)

If there is no box, it is clearly mentioned, and there is always a possibility to purchase the box separetely. M215 came with no box, M205s all had a box as stated. M205 DUO as well.

The guarantee card is no issue, there is always the invoice for the pen, which can be printed from amazon and presented to Pelikan for any claims needed.

The point is every retailer can market the pen in any way they want. If the item number is correct, it is a first rate original Pelikan pen. Pelikan sells no seconds and every pen is as good as the rest of them. As said there are regular price reductions like that in the German market. And if there is a problem with the pen, service will take care of it.

Could you explain why Amazon.de sells a Pelikan M805 F Stresemann grey/black for 425 euros and , on the same page, exactly the same Pelikan M805 F grey/black, but without the name Stresemann, for 301,50 euros?

Could you explain why amazon.com has the Pilot Iroshizuku Take Sumi at two different prices?

$21.62:

http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Iroshizuku-Fountain-Take-Sumi-69224/dp/B00AEUWPF4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448298139&sr=8-1&keywords=pilot+iroshizuku​

$19.27:

http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Iroshizuku-Fountain-Pen-Ink/dp/B009UOJGNY/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1448298139&sr=8-9&keywords=pilot+iroshizuku​

The first one is described as Bamboo Charcol, Black. The second as Gray Black.

Surely the second one is fake or has some water added which explain the Gray in the description.

Ironic mode off.

The B one is even cheaper, 264 €

I bought it yesterday and it should arrive Friday, I won't see it any time soon, as it goes to my German (Family Address), but hope that they will send me some decent photos. The net price was 221.79 EUROS plus the German sales tax of 19%. The vendor is Amazon EU and there is only one strange thing, the offer page says that it was translated to German and in the text you find the word "plume" that could hint to French origin. The picture in the offer page shows clearly a gray Stresemann.

I have no explanation for the price, but I guess there might be re-import from another European country with lower tax and/or currency conversion games in the play as well. The recommended online price from Pelikan is 470 EUROS (includes tax) and I would assume that a bulk buyer could get them for less than 50% of that price and therefore still make a cut.

Well...if you search a Pelikan model and add the name premium, offers come up with lower prices, also no reviews are written there. Also it states this page was translated from somewhere else. Ultimately it is your decision. You pay less and have a questionable origin and the pen writes nicely OR you pay a bit more and you know where it comes from. Your choice. The differences are about 30 Euros on average for the 800 Models

Could you explain why Amazon.de sells a Pelikan M805 F Stresemann grey/black for 425 euros and , on the same page, exactly the same Pelikan M805 F grey/black, but without the name Stresemann, for 301,50 euros?

I am sorry I do not know the ins and outs of Amazons marketing, I do not work there. But as another member has said, amazon ships from various places and EU countries and they could very well be a batch of EU reimports. I have suspected that before, that some cheap 205s that turn up on amazon.de occasionally are french reimports because they are marketed als "Elegance" M205s with french characters. I have bought many of these discounted pens never had issues. Reimports or not, they are brand new Pelikan pens with a receipt from amazon and Pelikan warranty is all the way valid for them. I never had to use it though.

According to street rumours, dealers buy at about 40% the recommended retail price. There are various dealers in germany who offer the regular M800 series from 280 or so euros. It was only a matter of time that the Stresemann would follow, once it is no longer a brand new product and it is part of the regular line. Personally I had been expecting to see offers at this price mark, after the first year or so.

I have bought many many things from Amazon and the items were always perfect.

What I do not understand in your case is the following: Since you are unhappy with the pen, why dont you send it back to amazon and demand a refund. Tell them your story and ask them to take it back. Or contact Pelikan and tell them that the pen is second/defective whatever and ask them to replace it or fix it or whatever.

Also which amazon logistics center in an EU country the pen ships from, has ultimately nothing to do with how the pen writes....

If anyone's in the UK, I ordered one yesterday, and there are currently three F (at £248) and two B (at £237) left in stock.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00RVDN0GA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

The page is translated, so I imagine it's the same German source. Comes tomorrow - can't wait!

John

If anyone's in the UK, I ordered one yesterday, and there are currently three F (at £248) and two B (at £237) left in stock.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00RVDN0GA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

The page is translated, so I imagine it's the same German source. Comes tomorrow - can't wait!

John

That's a very good price. It's right around what I just paid for one.

Yes, £100 less than the usual UK stores, and a shocking £220 less than the UK RRP (not that anyone would ever pay that).

John