The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Waterman Exception Night & Day With Platinum Stripes

waterman waterman exception night & day review platinum stripes

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 jameswatts

jameswatts

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:51

I have the black pinstripe Exception. A truly great pen. In Fact it's my main carry starting tomorrow

Sponsored Content

#42 gistar

gistar

Rare

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2018 - 18:50

Thank you for your kind words Gistar. I'm not sure what you mean my handling, if you can explain I'd be happy to help. From the support point of view, if you mean, after-sale support then I have had pleasant experience with Newellco team in the past. I have even written about it here

I like big pens and I do not mind heavy pens, but when holding it I was not sure about it’s balance and how well the square body would sit in my hand during a long writing session. But your review has persuaded me that it is worth to get it.
Gistar

#43 Mate-Pennonia

Mate-Pennonia

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2018 - 21:58

Just a heads up for everyone who want to get this pen brand new. Waterman stopped production so after current stocks run out it's either the second hand market or eBay new-old stock (I'm sure they'll appear  after a few years)

Edited by pennonia, 10 July 2018 - 21:58.

#44 DanceOfLight

DanceOfLight

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2018 - 17:16

Just a heads up for everyone who want to get this pen brand new. Waterman stopped production so after current stocks run out it's either the second hand market or eBay new-old stock (I'm sure they'll appear  after a few years)

Thanks for the heads up Pennonia, could you let us know where did you get this information from ? time to hunt for a few more, I suppose

#45 DanceOfLight

DanceOfLight

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2018 - 17:20

I like big pens and I do not mind heavy pens, but when holding it I was not sure about it’s balance and how well the square body would sit in my hand during a long writing session. But your review has persuaded me that it is worth to get it.

I'm glad that the review helped. Unless you try it yourself, it is difficult to decide if this pen will work for long writing sessions, it is indeed a relatively heavy pen. Relative to most resin based pens that is, but compares to other metal barreled pens out there like the CDA leman, or the Lamy 2000 Steel, Cross Peerless, PD Solid etc.

#46 Inked

Inked

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2018 - 14:52

I love this pen.

Such a classic in any finish; gold, platinum or black.

Thank you for the review and sharing.

Inked

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: waterman, waterman exception, night & day, review, platinum stripes

Sponsored Content

|