The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Swapping Nibs From Pilot Ch91 To Ch92

pilot custom heritage 91 custom heritage 92

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 aquoro

aquoro

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:31

CH91 with SF, swapping nibs with a CH92 with M.

Figured it out - a counterclockwise twist on the nib+feed with a firm grip did the trick. Now I've got a flexy nib on the clear 92! The feed on the 92 seems to perform better as well, so this ended up being a win-win.

2Ote6km.jpg

bBC4JKO.jpg

Edited by aquoro, 17 November 2015 - 20:12.

Sponsored Content

#2 Algester

Algester

(´Д⊂ヽ

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,763 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:33

but the nib and feed on the Custom lines are friction fit...

#3 aquoro

aquoro

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:57

but the nib and feed on the Custom lines are friction fit...

Yeah! But the fit was very tight. I was trying to pull it straight out and it wasn't working, the slight twist (counterclockwise so as not to loosen the reverse-threaded collar) helped get it moving.

#4 Aramchek

Aramchek

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:01

I've been thinking about doing the same thing, but annoyingly Pilot sticks to their policy of only offering the most interesting nibs with the least interesting pen bodies and vice versa on the custom series - I'd still want to the use CH91 if I do this, but I'd much rather get the Tsukiyo blue 91 and of course the EF and SF nibs are only available on the plain black version.

STR:11 DEX: 5 CON:5 INT:17 WIS:11 CHA:3 Wielding: BIC stick of poor judgment (-3,-5) {cursed}

#5 tragique

tragique

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 13:37

I've never understood why Pilot insists on not offering interesting nibs on pens lik the CH92 or 823.

#6 parnesh

parnesh

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:44

I enquired with Engeika about this and they managed to get me a CH92 with a SM nib ( I don't remember if I got charged extra or not). Pilot soft nibs are great.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pilot, custom heritage 91, custom heritage 92

Sponsored Content

|