Real Or Fake Montblanc Wallet?

teamilk

Hi,

I am new to this forum and hope to get advice from all here.

I've recently bought a MB wallet (sorry to post in a Pen forum, but I do not know where else to get advice from) from eBay.

Right after I received the wallet, I began using it.

Only until yesterday when I noticed that the MB symbol (the white flower) is not vertically upright.

It was then, I compared with my friend's MB wallet. His symbol is upright, unlike mine.

(Can be seen in 2nd photo)

Can people here advise if I've purchased a fake MB wallet?

I bought it for 155 euros.

Please note that the condition of the wallet is as such, due to 1 week usage.

I've contacted the eBay seller, and was prompt in his reply and told me that he bought this from the airport at the Duty-free shop. He even provide MB boutiques' contacts for me to confirm if this is authentic.

However, I decided to seek advice from this forum first.

Thanks for reading and appreciate your advices.

Danny

post-126372-0-09219200-1447728159_thumb.jpg

post-126372-0-47833400-1447728165.jpg

post-126372-0-97776900-1447728171.jpg

post-126372-0-06732000-1447728179_thumb.jpg

post-126372-0-28957500-1447728187.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SE1980

• hkwinger

• teamilk

• I like mango cheesecake

Thank you for your replies.

Jar, yes, orientation is the word I am looking for. lol.

hkwinger, YES, this made me feel much better :)

greatly appreciate all your replies.

Sorry, but this is my first MB product purchased. That is why I am unsure of what makes it real or fake.

Conversely, you could buy from an MB Boutique and preclude the constant niggling of having purchased a fake.

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

I don't have any MB leather products but the stitching looks right. If a crooked star is normal that is sad considering how much they charge for their products. It's also disappointing that the interiors are not leather lined. On the other hand their leather is decent and their stitching while machine stitched is pretty good. 155 EURO seems like a good price.

I could care less about a misaligned star. In fact I have never paid attention to it in all of my MB products.

I am new to this forum and hope to get advice from all here. I've recently bought a MB wallet (sorry to post in a Pen forum, but I do not know where else to get advice from) from eBay.

Danny, we do pens here. Fountain pens in particular. I'm not sure where on the internet you'd go for opinions on fakery for Montblanc wallets, cigar cutters, earrings or perfume.

It is best to satisfy yourself that an item is genuine BEFORE buying it, especially when eBay is involved. This may appear obvious, but you'd be surprised at the sheer volume of "Is my eBay purchase a fake?" posts here, and at the number of "Yes it is!" replies.

Fred

Edited by FredRydr

Both my MB Siena and Westside pen cases do not have 'right-up' snowcap orientation and so does my 161 ballpoint. I've asked before about this and was told that these insignia's are 'screwed' in, hence its orientation is not perfectly aligned all the time.

In another note for hkwinger, My Siena 1-pen pouch is over 3 years old and now its front loop has its top surface layer worn out in some parts, is it normal to wear off in such a period of time?

Lamy 2000 FP, PP, BP, MFP & RB. Mont Blanc Meisterstück 161 Le Grand Platinum BP & Heritage 1912 FP.

The wallet in the pictures certainly looks authentic to me.

Those that are fake don't have a correct looking snowcap at all, they have some sort of black squiggle next to the words Mont Blanc on the lining.

Fake ones don't come with all of those correct boxes and warranty cards either

Both my MB Siena and Westside pen cases do not have 'right-up' snowcap orientation and so does my 161 ballpoint. I've asked before about this and was told that these insignia's are 'screwed' in, hence its orientation is not perfectly aligned all the time.

In another note for hkwinger, My Siena 1-pen pouch is over 3 years old and now its front loop has its top surface layer worn out in some parts, is it normal to wear off in such a period of time?

Not sure if it is normal or not. It is leather after all and leather will wear. I don't use the pen cases too much but the portfolio and card holder are with me daily. None of my leather has any unusual wearing on it even after years of use and travel. Besides the standard dents and scratches, the only thing I notice is the leather softening up over time.

Not sure if it is normal or not. It is leather after all and leather will wear. I don't use the pen cases too much but the portfolio and card holder are with me daily. None of my leather has any unusual wearing on it even after years of use and travel. Besides the standard dents and scratches, the only thing I notice is the leather softening up over time.

Yes it does soften up and both my pen cases are placed in my bag together with other stuffs and carried daily over the years, hence causing some wear, but I wished it would last a while longer. I also didn't wish to get another case just because of this and it's pretty expensive too.

That being said, when I got my Westside case and used for a couple of mths, the edge of the flap got disbonded at one side. Fortunately MB did a bonding repair and it's as good as new. Now I'm wondering if the quality of MB's current leather products have dipped a bit.

Lamy 2000 FP, PP, BP, MFP & RB. Mont Blanc Meisterstück 161 Le Grand Platinum BP & Heritage 1912 FP.

That's what happens to leather and it's edges, it does wear and tear. the only way it would last a lot longer is if they used the full grain but that's going to be very thick and it would still scuff.

Perhaps I'll just use it until it's worn badly then get a new one.

It looks real but, again, remember this is a pen forum, not a wallet forum... and that the pens and wallets are made in two different places using two completely different methods and the only similarity is that montblanc smacks their logo on it.

It's essentially a licensing deal.

Montblanc Pen PolishFountain Pen Flush

> Teamilk wrote:

> if I've purchased a fake MB wallet?

Your wallet should have a label with a hologram, hidden in one of the pockets. Somewhat like a washing label, very much like this one:

post-125538-0-83493000-1448290694.jpg

Edited by gerardz