The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Lever Stuck

lever stuck conway stewart

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Munkey

Munkey

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:27

I have a Conway Stewart 24 with the matching pencil, in the original box with the paperwork. But the lever on the pen is stuck. I have gotten all of the old bladder out so I don't know what to do. Please help

Attached Images

• IMG_20151116_180116.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Pendel

Pendel

Pendelirious

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2015 - 15:23

Did you take a look inside the barrel? Perhaps the J-bar is out of whack; it may have become twisted when you had opened the pen. I am not 100% sure these pens use standard J-bars, but I suspect they do,

:-)

#3 Charles Rice

Charles Rice

Mr. Pink

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,229 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2015 - 15:32

If some ink leaked into the barrel, it could harden into concrete.  A pure guess, but the first thing (and easiest) I'd try is soaking the barrel in water.  Soak it for a few hours and you'll hopefully see some color pour out. 

After that, my next guess is that you did not get all of the bladder and that maybe just a tiny piece is what is making your filing lever stick.

Edited by Charles Rice, 16 November 2015 - 15:35.

#4 Munkey

Munkey

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2015 - 21:59

Worked it out. The 24 has a floating bar rather than a J-bar. So the lever was catching on the tab that holds it closed a lot more than it should have as well as on the plastic at the other end of the slot

#5 EPP

EPP

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2015 - 22:05

If some ink leaked into the barrel, it could harden into concrete.  A pure guess, but the first thing (and easiest) I'd try is soaking the barrel in water.  Soak it for a few hours and you'll hopefully see some color pour out. 

After that, my next guess is that you did not get all of the bladder and that maybe just a tiny piece is what is making your filing lever stick.

Im fairly new at this but have read that alot of the Conway Stewarts are made of Casin and that if you put that in water for a few hours you will have an expanded and ruined barrel, is that applicable to the CS 24.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lever stuck, conway stewart

Sponsored Content

|