Inky T O D - What Inks Are You Hoping To Find This Holiday?

amberleadavis

Some of us will buy ink as a gift for others, and maybe an ink bottle or two will miraculously appear and be exactly what we wanted, but just in case a loved one were to ask us what a great inky gift would be ....

What ink would you be thrilled to get as a gift?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• PaperDarts

• inkstainedruth

• richila

Can you believe that my kids say that I'm hard to shop for? I mean seriously, I might be a tad finicky about my pens ... and I might be fussy about my inks, but really? Hard to shop for?

Oh, and then add in the kids budget... okay, maybe I need to make a suggestion or two.

So, I was going to ask for Sailor Jentle Shigure. Thankfully, I didn't ask for it, I already had a bottle. oops

So, I'm going to ask for Noodler's Green. I've never even tried it, but the Noodler's inks like blue, purple and black are some of the best inks I've used. So that's on my wish list. (BTW, I'm pretty sure, they would have thought I had Noodler's green, and I don't want to try and explain that Noodler's Green is NOT the same as Noodler's Green Marine, Hunter Green, GI Green or V-Mail Green.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I don't have a list of inks I especially want but I'd be very happy indeed if I found a bottle of the new Graf von Faber Castell Midnight Blue in my Christmas stocking :-)

Verba volant, scripta manent

That would be nice.

Now that I have a sheaffer sentinel snorkel in peacock blue color, I will love to have few bottles of the sheaffer peacock blue, am I asking for too much?

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Noodler's Upper Ganges Blue!

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

I don't have a brand in mind but I'd love to find a nice wintry blue ink to use. Not too light and not too dark. Any suggestions that I can put into my letter to "santa"?

"Life would split asunder without letters." Virginia Woolf

Bungbox 4B, Sapphire, l'Amant or Dandyism would be nice. I would also be happy for Kobe #7, #18 or #51.

However, I don't think any of my loved ones would know how to get hold of them.

I also agree with migo about GvFC Midnight Blue...

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

Bungbox L'amant would be a great surprise, but I would be as happy with Sannomiya Panse (even if I already have a bottle) or Yama-Dori...

Some of us will buy ink as a gift for others, and maybe an ink bottle or two will miraculously appear and be exactly what we wanted, but just in case a loved one were to ask us what a great inky gift would be ....

What ink would you be thrilled to get as a gift?

Pelikan Khaki, which no longer exists. It is unto me as Penman Sapphire and Racing Green are to others.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Diamine Shimmertastic Purple Pizazz. Didn't buy ink fast enough at OPS (I *was* able to snag Blue Pearl and Shimmering Seas; the other colors I either didn't like or didn't like well enough to further blow my budget...).

And I'm with northstar -- I would be pleased as punch to get more Peacock Blue.... Yes, I have a fair amount (but no -- it's not, IMO *enough*... :rolleyes:).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

A bottle of the new De Atramentis ink that will be named by an FPN participant (in place of the sepia that isn't sepia).

L'Artisan Pastelier Callifolio Lilas, Rose Grenade, Bordeaux, Blue Lagoon or Blue Azure.

Franklin Cristoph Midnight Emerald

I am sure there a a dozen others I could choose.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Ooooo, bottles of ink for stocking-stuffers-everyone who can write in my house has at least 1 fountain pen. :wub: A bottle of Levenger's each in a favorite color.

Edited by richila

This would round out my collection:

Diamine

• Bilberry
  • Ancient Copper
  • Red Dragon
  • Florida Blue
  • Sunset
  • Evergreen
  • Racing Green
  • Denim

~Brian

"Mostly I just kill time, and it dies hard." - Raymond Chandler (The Long Goodbye)

I don't have a brand in mind but I'd love to find a nice wintry blue ink to use. Not too light and not too dark. Any suggestions that I can put into my letter to "santa"?

How about a nice mini-bottle of Pilot Irosh. Fuyu-Syogun (Old Man Winter) - a grey-ish blue ink with nice shading in a medium or broad nibbed pen?

Amber, your kids have the same problem that my wife has with me.

I have to make a list of what I want for Christmas and my birthday, because the odds are that what she buys for me, will not be what I want, and will be returned/exchanged.

I recently exchanged a book that she bought me for my birthday. She was not happy, but she did not ask me for my book list.

In my case, I usually buy what I want, when I want, so this becomes problematic.

I'll settle for another bottle of MB Irish Green or Iroshizuku Shin-Ryoku (deep green). Then I don't have to be so stingy with the bottle that I have.

OK, Parker Penman Emerald Green, only because I will NOT buy it myself. A bottle of Penman Saphire went for $125 at the SF Pen Show.

Edited by ac12

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

How about a gaggle (5 pack) of Blackstone Colours of Australia? Yep all 5 in 30 ml bottles.

My other want is a Pelikan M150/M2xx..... Haven't decided if it will be the 150, or the 200 Cognac or the 200 in green marbled yet... (can you tell when it comes to "hobby" (pen) gifts I usually just pick them out?) And then she wraps and gives....

Pen down, now for the ink.... M200 Cognac from a Japanese seller on Amazon.

Edited by Runnin_Ute

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

OK, Parker Penman Emerald Green, only because I will NOT buy it myself. A bottle of Penman Saphire went for $125 at the SF Pen Show.

One of the tables in the hallway at the Ohio Pen Show (Toys in the Attic's table, maybe?) had a bottle of PPS for at least that much, because it was one of the bottles with the silver medallion on the cap. I think it was unopened as well. Some guy and I were looking at the same time and joking about how the silver had the initial letter "R" engraved in it and that would be good for either one of us since we both had names that begin with "R".

Needless to say, though, that I wasn't paying more for a bottle of ink than I did for either of the pens I bought (dunno about the other guy). And I think I paid less than that total for *six* bottles of ink....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."